Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2013
Offline
1642 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 23, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:



You won't tolerate it again? Then move. North America has no censorship. If you're going to go so far overboard as to say "I won't tolerate this again" then make the move, because clearly you're willing to move thousands of kilometers across the world just to blow someones head across the wall.


Wot???

Its not what is being censored that matters, its the fact that there are things censored!

If it was because of content, it would make even less sense, since the SP is uncensored.

A +18 game being censored on only part of it is ridiculous.

Basically SONY is making the decision for me  if i can cope or want gore or not.

I like to make my own choices, not have someone else make them for me.

Why can americans choose and Europeans not? (aside from Germany, where their governement chooses for them and they have to accept it).


I didn't realise the SP wasn't censored. I apologize, I came off as being a **bleep**. 

_______________________________________________________________
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 41 of 69 (276 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 23, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:



You won't tolerate it again? Then move. North America has no censorship. If you're going to go so far overboard as to say "I won't tolerate this again" then make the move, because clearly you're willing to move thousands of kilometers across the world just to blow someones head across the wall.


Wot???

Its not what is being censored that matters, its the fact that there are things censored!

If it was because of content, it would make even less sense, since the SP is uncensored.

A +18 game being censored on only part of it is ridiculous.

Basically SONY is making the decision for me  if i can cope or want gore or not.

I like to make my own choices, not have someone else make them for me.

Why can americans choose and Europeans not? (aside from Germany, where their governement chooses for them and they have to accept it).


I didn't realise the SP wasn't censored. I apologize, I came off as being a **bleep**. 


In Europe is just the MP cencored because of us germans. 

I'm sorry for it, but Germany, Austria, Swiss is Europeans biggest market. 

If you can't life without blowing heads up from people you should probably watch out for help in real life.

 

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 42 of 69 (274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 23, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:



You won't tolerate it again? Then move. North America has no censorship. If you're going to go so far overboard as to say "I won't tolerate this again" then make the move, because clearly you're willing to move thousands of kilometers across the world just to blow someones head across the wall.


Wot???

Its not what is being censored that matters, its the fact that there are things censored!

If it was because of content, it would make even less sense, since the SP is uncensored.

A +18 game being censored on only part of it is ridiculous.

Basically SONY is making the decision for me  if i can cope or want gore or not.

I like to make my own choices, not have someone else make them for me.

Why can americans choose and Europeans not? (aside from Germany, where their governement chooses for them and they have to accept it).


I didn't realise the SP wasn't censored. I apologize, I came off as being a **bleep**. 


In Europe is just the MP cencored because of us germans. 

I'm sorry for it, but Germany, Austria, Swiss is Europeans biggest market. 

If you can't life without blowing heads up from people you should probably watch out for help in real life.

 


Yes, that makes a good point.

If you think it's wrong for the sake of it, I agree but it's such a minor thing...

Look how Europe fared through the 20th century... It was a mess... In comparison now it's so much better :]

Message 43 of 69 (263 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2013
Offline
1642 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 24, 2013

conquerator3 wrote:

kleen_nexi wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:



You won't tolerate it again? Then move. North America has no censorship. If you're going to go so far overboard as to say "I won't tolerate this again" then make the move, because clearly you're willing to move thousands of kilometers across the world just to blow someones head across the wall.


Wot???

Its not what is being censored that matters, its the fact that there are things censored!

If it was because of content, it would make even less sense, since the SP is uncensored.

A +18 game being censored on only part of it is ridiculous.

Basically SONY is making the decision for me  if i can cope or want gore or not.

I like to make my own choices, not have someone else make them for me.

Why can americans choose and Europeans not? (aside from Germany, where their governement chooses for them and they have to accept it).


I didn't realise the SP wasn't censored. I apologize, I came off as being a **bleep**. 


In Europe is just the MP cencored because of us germans. 

I'm sorry for it, but Germany, Austria, Swiss is Europeans biggest market. 

If you can't life without blowing heads up from people you should probably watch out for help in real life.

 


Yes, that makes a good point.

If you think it's wrong for the sake of it, I agree but it's such a minor thing...

Look how Europe fared through the 20th century... It was a mess... In comparison now it's so much better :]


My point exactly.

_______________________________________________________________
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 44 of 69 (254 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
199 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 24, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

kleen_nexi wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:



You won't tolerate it again? Then move. North America has no censorship. If you're going to go so far overboard as to say "I won't tolerate this again" then make the move, because clearly you're willing to move thousands of kilometers across the world just to blow someones head across the wall.


Wot???

Its not what is being censored that matters, its the fact that there are things censored!

If it was because of content, it would make even less sense, since the SP is uncensored.

A +18 game being censored on only part of it is ridiculous.

Basically SONY is making the decision for me  if i can cope or want gore or not.

I like to make my own choices, not have someone else make them for me.

Why can americans choose and Europeans not? (aside from Germany, where their governement chooses for them and they have to accept it).


I didn't realise the SP wasn't censored. I apologize, I came off as being a **bleep**. 


In Europe is just the MP cencored because of us germans. 

I'm sorry for it, but Germany, Austria, Swiss is Europeans biggest market. 

If you can't life without blowing heads up from people you should probably watch out for help in real life.

 


Yes, that makes a good point.

If you think it's wrong for the sake of it, I agree but it's such a minor thing...

Look how Europe fared through the 20th century... It was a mess... In comparison now it's so much better :]


My point exactly.


You people are focusing too much on what is being censored in this game instead of focusing on the effects of censorship in general.

I dont care about blowing heads, i dont even play the MP anymore.

Look at Heavy Rain, MS refused the game because it involved a kidnapping, and Sony was a major pain in the **bleep** for the director, demanding loads of changes and censorships. Like the shower scene was changed not to show any fake nudity (in a very adult game...), it took a look of effort to convince sony to accept the finger cutting part and many other elements.

What joy is there for someone to make a game when the publisher keeps demanding changes and censorships?

I want to play the true vision of the game director, not the processed washed out version the publisher thinks its "safe for the public". Games for Adults are meant to played by ADULTS, if children end up playing them, its the parents fault, not the developers or publishers.

Editor/Organizer
Message 45 of 69 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 24, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

kleen_nexi wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:



You won't tolerate it again? Then move. North America has no censorship. If you're going to go so far overboard as to say "I won't tolerate this again" then make the move, because clearly you're willing to move thousands of kilometers across the world just to blow someones head across the wall.


Wot???

Its not what is being censored that matters, its the fact that there are things censored!

If it was because of content, it would make even less sense, since the SP is uncensored.

A +18 game being censored on only part of it is ridiculous.

Basically SONY is making the decision for me  if i can cope or want gore or not.

I like to make my own choices, not have someone else make them for me.

Why can americans choose and Europeans not? (aside from Germany, where their governement chooses for them and they have to accept it).


I didn't realise the SP wasn't censored. I apologize, I came off as being a **bleep**. 


In Europe is just the MP cencored because of us germans. 

I'm sorry for it, but Germany, Austria, Swiss is Europeans biggest market. 

If you can't life without blowing heads up from people you should probably watch out for help in real life.

 


Yes, that makes a good point.

If you think it's wrong for the sake of it, I agree but it's such a minor thing...

Look how Europe fared through the 20th century... It was a mess... In comparison now it's so much better :]


My point exactly.


You people are focusing too much on what is being censored in this game instead of focusing on the effects of censorship in general.

I dont care about blowing heads, i dont even play the MP anymore.

Look at Heavy Rain, MS refused the game because it involved a kidnapping, and Sony was a major pain in the **bleep** for the director, demanding loads of changes and censorships. Like the shower scene was changed not to show any fake nudity (in a very adult game...), it took a look of effort to convince sony to accept the finger cutting part and many other elements.

What joy is there for someone to make a game when the publisher keeps demanding changes and censorships?

I want to play the true vision of the game director, not the processed washed out version the publisher thinks its "safe for the public". Games for Adults are meant to played by ADULTS, if children end up playing them, its the parents fault, not the developers or publishers.


Okay - I get what you say, let me tell you something.

Sony already said that every game will be cutted for Europe (because the german market).

In germany isn't nudedy a problem... if you can see nude people everywhere in newspapers/tv and so on it's in germany.

The only problem here is brutality to almost real looking people (even it's a game),

OR in Multiplayer because you play against real people.

You will laugh if I tell you that this don't comes originally from us germans.

I say just look in our history than you will see,

there was some other contrys that this requested from us.

Anyway i hate cuted games too,

if this means there are missing story parts.

BUT, i'm really supriced that TLOU SP Story isn't cuted ! 

Well anyway (I'm 24y/o maybe thats why) I really dont need to see how people show his brutality against others.

And I'm happy that we don't have that crime / brutality like in the U.S.

It's my opionion while I can see why you hate cuted games,

but then you definatly should just order in the U.S.,

i mean same language you won't have any trouble.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 46 of 69 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2013
Offline
1642 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 24, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

kleen_nexi wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:



You won't tolerate it again? Then move. North America has no censorship. If you're going to go so far overboard as to say "I won't tolerate this again" then make the move, because clearly you're willing to move thousands of kilometers across the world just to blow someones head across the wall.


Wot???

Its not what is being censored that matters, its the fact that there are things censored!

If it was because of content, it would make even less sense, since the SP is uncensored.

A +18 game being censored on only part of it is ridiculous.

Basically SONY is making the decision for me  if i can cope or want gore or not.

I like to make my own choices, not have someone else make them for me.

Why can americans choose and Europeans not? (aside from Germany, where their governement chooses for them and they have to accept it).


I didn't realise the SP wasn't censored. I apologize, I came off as being a **bleep**. 


In Europe is just the MP cencored because of us germans. 

I'm sorry for it, but Germany, Austria, Swiss is Europeans biggest market. 

If you can't life without blowing heads up from people you should probably watch out for help in real life.

 


Yes, that makes a good point.

If you think it's wrong for the sake of it, I agree but it's such a minor thing...

Look how Europe fared through the 20th century... It was a mess... In comparison now it's so much better :]


My point exactly.


You people are focusing too much on what is being censored in this game instead of focusing on the effects of censorship in general.

I dont care about blowing heads, i dont even play the MP anymore.

Look at Heavy Rain, MS refused the game because it involved a kidnapping, and Sony was a major pain in the **bleep** for the director, demanding loads of changes and censorships. Like the shower scene was changed not to show any fake nudity (in a very adult game...), it took a look of effort to convince sony to accept the finger cutting part and many other elements.

What joy is there for someone to make a game when the publisher keeps demanding changes and censorships?

I want to play the true vision of the game director, not the processed washed out version the publisher thinks its "safe for the public". Games for Adults are meant to played by ADULTS, if children end up playing them, its the parents fault, not the developers or publishers.


You laid everything out on the table for me to read. I thought you were just one of those people who were obsessed with gore, and that's why you were agitated over the fact that the game is censored. You proved me wrong Smiley Tongue

_______________________________________________________________
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 47 of 69 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 24, 2013
I thought so to for some time...
Meant to post I respect that but a squirrel beat me to it... Noble one at that ;P
Message 48 of 69 (199 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/13/2010
Offline
165 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 24, 2013

Here's the difference for me.

 

Completed the TLOU: still want to play it.

 

Just completed GTAV: Bored of it and wished I buy it later than sooner.

 

I give GTAV a 7/10 but hoepfully Online will appeal to me than it been showing sice my friends are xbox lovers and we'll have fun.

The call for a companion in a post-apocalypse is needed in order to survive and die together with.
Message 49 of 69 (180 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 06/22/2013
Offline
666 posts
 

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 25, 2013
After beating GTA V I will say GTA was a more fun game overall but nothing can touch TLoU's story. GTA's was very flimsy where as Last of Us probably had the best story I have seen all year in any medium except maybe Breaking Bad.
Message 50 of 69 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes