Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: Played GTA V, TLOU is still king

Sep 26, 2013

bsholmes1993 wrote:

TLOU will not make GOTY unfortunalty. To prove this point my gamestop next to Tampa, FL has thousands and thousands of costomers and when I asked them if they were doing midnight release they said they didn't have enough people who preordered. And when I went in on release day I was the only person there picking up the game. Now they are doing a GTA 5 release party at 12am and they are expecting over 5,000 people to show up. GTA 5 will be one of the best selling ps3 games ever. This will easily put them as GOTY, its all about how many copies you sell.

This is one of the most stupid statements I have EVER heard. It's all about the copies sold? Using that ridiculously terrible logic, Call of Duty is the best video game franchise/ game in video game history. Please don't say anything like this again. I lost a bit of IQ...

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 61 of 69 (388 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 26, 2013

GTA V is great, so is TLoU.

Both are must have games. But for me TLoU holds a special place and that makes it my favorite when comparing not only with GTA V but other decent titles.

Message 62 of 69 (379 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Sep 26, 2013
May be the first time in years where I have a tie between 3 games for GOTY (Bioshock, TLOU, GTA). Not to sound like a cop out, but these three games are just amazing, and I haven't even completed GTAV yet!
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 63 of 69 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Sep 28, 2013

So what you are saying is im stupid but you have to look at the last couple of goty winners each one has sold tons of copys its about how many copies are sold and how much people like it. Plus gta has gotten many perfect scores for reviews so maybe you should shut your goddamn mouth and do some research before you talk.

Message 64 of 69 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 28, 2013

bsholmes1993 wrote:

So what you are saying is im stupid but you have to look at the last couple of goty winners each one has sold tons of copys its about how many copies are sold and how much people like it. Plus gta has gotten many perfect scores for reviews so maybe you should shut your goddamn mouth and do some research before you talk.

according to your logic, call of duty should have won goty every year, of course that's not the case, the best game deserves to be game of the year, not the most sold game, that's stupid, because the most sold game is obviously in the first person shooter genre, so games that are better but in other genres don't deserve to be game of the year according to you, well that sucks...

besides, the OP was just mentioning what he thought is the best game, he didn't state it as a fact, also, did you know that The Last of Us got 42 perfect scores (according to metacritic) and gta5 got 35 perfect scores (according to metacritc), so even according to your flawed logic, The Last of Us should be goty, talk about doing research, haha :smileyvery-happy:

Message 65 of 69 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 1, 2013

best game ever honestly in my book single player wise

Message 66 of 69 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2052 posts

Oct 3, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

bsholmes1993 wrote:

TLOU will not make GOTY unfortunalty. To prove this point my gamestop next to Tampa, FL has thousands and thousands of costomers and when I asked them if they were doing midnight release they said they didn't have enough people who preordered. And when I went in on release day I was the only person there picking up the game. Now they are doing a GTA 5 release party at 12am and they are expecting over 5,000 people to show up. GTA 5 will be one of the best selling ps3 games ever. This will easily put them as GOTY, its all about how many copies you sell.

This is one of the most stupid statements I have EVER heard. It's all about the copies sold? Using that ridiculously terrible logic, Call of Duty is the best video game franchise/ game in video game history. Please don't say anything like this again. I lost a bit of IQ...

Yeah. Sales have never  been accurate when predicting GOTY awards.  Last year, Journey cleaned house with goty awards, along with The Walking Dead, and that year also saw Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Borderlands 2 released. All sold better.   I'm confident, TLoU is going tobe bringing home many GOTY awards from various sites and shows.

Message 67 of 69 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Oct 6, 2013

I finally completed GTA V and I have to say that for this generation, at least until now, my favorite games have been:

1. TLOU/GTA V

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

3. Red Dead Redemption

4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

5. MGS4

6. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

7. AC: Brotherhood

8. Battlefield 3 (Amazing Multiplayer)

9. Gran Turismo 5 (It took 6 months of my life and I, pretty much, didn't play anything else)

10. Journey

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 68 of 69 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I've completed both, and I personally think 'The Last of Us' is much better than 'GTA V' for me - it just connected to me more with the characters and story. I even like the multiplayer a lot too - sure GTA V is great but I don't think it deserves game of the year something was just missing I suppose + I'm not too keen on the multiplayer at the moment but I guess more is to come as R* says it will be adding more content. 

Message 69 of 69 (115 Views)
0 Likes