Mar 07 2013
By: Lt_K4RL0S Wastelander 624 posts

Playing the Multiplayer over SP

20 replies 455 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

Seeing as how there isn't much to discuss right now, I was wondering, when you recieve your copy of The Last of Us, will you go straight to the singleplayer, or the multiplayer? If you head off to the multiplayer, sorry but you disgust me. It annoys me when people buy games such as TLOU, Uncharted or Tomb Raider with such rich narratives and character design and they brush the Singleplayer aside to get ahead in the XP ladder of multiplayer, ignoring the existence of the story.

However, if you aren't one of those people (smart), how far into the campaign will you go until you take a sneak a peek at the multiplayer? Will you find a point where you are left on a cliffhanger and use the multiplayer to keep your sanity, or blow out the whole campaign and then visit the MP?

Message 1 of 21 (455 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Playing the Multiplayer over SP

Mar 7, 2013

I'll be completing the Single Player before I play the multiplayer, but I have no opinion of people that choose to play the multiplayer first. That's their decision to make. They bought the game, they're entitled to do what they want.

Message 2 of 21 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Mar 7, 2013

@OP

Chill out, dude :smileytongue:

I'll prolly start with SP. If the campaing is very long, I may peek into MP before finishing the campaing. But, yeah, prolly full campaing before playing the MP any seriously.

Message 3 of 21 (443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Personnaly, I'll only play the multiplayer once I'm done with the story. Multiplayer would problably spoil me some characters or places of the story.

Message 4 of 21 (442 Views)
I Only Post Everything
869 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Single player as always.  I'll jump into MP to try it afterwards. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 21 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Jump into the SP, then I'll check out the MP (co-op) to see what it has to offer. Then finish off the campaign. It''s what I've done for almost every game.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 6 of 21 (412 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

@OP

Chill out, dude :smileytongue:

I'll prolly start with SP. If the campaing is very long, I may peek into MP before finishing the campaing. But, yeah, prolly full campaing before playing the MP any seriously.

According to ND, this game will have the longest campaign they've ever done, so i'd expect it to be very long.

Message 7 of 21 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2614 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I always play a bit of both on Day One, to get a small taste for it. I play MP after I get my SP taste of course.

Generally, until I complete the majority of SP, I don't return to MP unless it's for small bursts when I don't have enough time to play SP.

TOO METAL

2metal4me
Message 8 of 21 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I forgot about another criteria: sound volume.

Sometimes I only play SP when I can do it with a high volume. So, at madrigals, I end up playing MP, where the volume usually matters a little less. So, I may play quite bit of MP before finishing the SP, just because of 'silent' madrigal plays.

Message 9 of 21 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
624 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Madrigals hm? Impressive vocabulary there, that's the second time in my whole life I've ever heard that word. Indeed though, after having just purchased a 7.1 headset, things should get quite the interesting

Message 10 of 21 (290 Views)
0 Likes