Jun 19 2013
By: GriiM_NightMaRe Splicer 50 posts

Please add an Objective mode

13 replies 1232 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

These 2 modes (Supply raid) & (Survival) are fun. But I want a Objective because this game can get very competitive. With two modes basically like TDM it isn't much fun especially if you want a game to be competitive like uncharted 3. 

Add a mode where their is a flag, or a bomb anything you can think of in the middle of the map. The first team to score it 3 times is the winner. Eventually these two modes will be very boring, not only in pubs but on competitive levels as well. 

Please post your thoughts/opinions/dislikes/likes below. 

Message 1 of 14 (1,232 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Re: Please add an Objective mode

Jun 19, 2013

the more people view, the better

Message 2 of 14 (893 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 19, 2013

I'm sure new modes will be added. I'd like at least 5 or 6 modes in all. That would be nice. What's weird is I could've swore when I read those leaked string from Fadi that there was some objective mode. Something like there were gasoline stills in an enemy base and you had to go in and sabatoge them.

Message 3 of 14 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Anything along the lines of that, or any kind of objective would be great. Thanks for your reply

Message 4 of 14 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 19, 2013

"Flag" or "Bomb" related objective modes wouldn't fit the MP, in my opinion.

I'm sure ND will add some more modes in the DLC packs.

An objective mode revolving around food or spare parts would fit. (team to loot the most of each wins.)

Or something like that.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 5 of 14 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Jun 19, 2013

I feel as though modes like this won't work too well in this game. Since you would most likely have infinite lives and only have to win by "doing the objective" destroying the whole survival aspect of the game. And if you do implement lives, then people can just ignore the objective and just kill, destroying the whole point of the objective as well.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 14 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Well that's why naughtydog should make kills/deaths not count in obj. Like how they did in uncharted 3 after 2 years. (LOL) 

And getting the most supplies is like supply raid. Usually the team that gets more loot, they usually win the match because they get better stuff. 

Anything can work in this MP.

Message 7 of 14 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Something with generators....

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 8 of 14 (273 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Jun 19, 2013

With the 2 modes we have, it is clear they are based on survival. Every death on your team matters. I'm not talking about stats and such. Where I was getting at is I can run around and die like 20+ times and it won't technically effect my team, meaning I can go around rambo style gunning people down since dying won't make us lose the match. An objective mode may not work so well.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 9 of 14 (264 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

With the 2 modes we have, it is clear they are based on survival. Every death on your team matters. I'm not talking about stats and such. Where I was getting at is I can run around and die like 20+ times and it won't technically effect my team, meaning I can go around rambo style gunning people down since dying won't make us lose the match. An objective mode may not work so well.

I agree. Revives are important, because each of your teammates lives are important to winning, no matter what game mode you are playing (Survivor or Supply Raid) If it is a close match (or we are losing), I will go out of my way to try and revive a total stranger in my party (that decided to go off on their own) -- Because every life counts.

I was originally going to joke and tell the OP that the two modes we have ARE objective based.

The objective is to wipe out the other team and make sure your team survives. Smiley Tongue

But, I figured I'd help add to the subject and suggest some "objective" modes.

I'm sure ND could come up with something clever that fits the tone of TLOU's MP, but any type of "Flag" or "Bomb" mode would definitely not fit.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 14 (249 Views)
0 Likes