Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2013
By: IzunaShisui Sackboy 369 posts

Please elaborate..

14 replies 299 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

So the last of us is set two decades after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions, with nature gradually retaking the abandoned cities and towns. According to the wiki that is...

I watched the pax-east gameplay and got to see a city with lots of partially collapsed buildings... <---- how did that happen?

I'm pretty sure that in 20 years a building does not collapse, lots of broken windows would explainable by plunderers, but collapsed buildings?

Did Nathan Drake taunt some choppers again?
 Did Zoran pass through the city with his private army?

Did some arabs pull off an 9/11 again?

Did some unexplained random earthquakes occur in those 2 decades? I thought tall buildings were supposed to withstand earthquakes...

Naughty Dog invested quite some effort into the Infected and the background of the fungus, but when it comes to locations it seems as if they just randomly designed some post-apolyptic looking locations..

Or did I miss some backstory? Answers please...oh, I was under the understanding that TLOU was supposed to be serious, but if the game is some random stuff thrown together, then I don't have to care about the anwsers.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: Please elaborate..

Mar 25, 2013
Simple like every post-apocalyptic game/show. The military doesn't learn from movies/games and decide to try to quarantine the area and bomb it to kill all the infected but miserably failed. Or Nathan taunted some choppers.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (291 Views)
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Well, 20 years with no maintenance can surely do that...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 25, 2013

InsideTheBlue wrote:
Well, 20 years with no maintenance can surely do that...

Impossibru,unless you mean some natural disasters

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Why ignore natural disasters? USA is known for having those, right?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 25, 2013

InsideTheBlue wrote:
Why ignore natural disasters? USA is known for having those, right?

I'm not even sure where they are...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Boston.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11080 posts

Mar 25, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

Or did I miss some backstory? Answers please...oh, I was under the understanding that TLOU was supposed to be serious, but if the game is some random stuff thrown together, then I don't have to care about the anwsers.

Oh no! Random buildings are collapsed! *won't buy the game anymore* :smileyvery-happy:

Anywho, i'm sure at some point someone will explain what happened to everything... and everyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

I'm pretty sure the military got involved and started bombing cities in a attempt to "liquidate" the spread of the cordycep infestation. So it's no suprise to see partially destroyed building. And yes, buildings retaken by nature for 20 years can weaken it's infrustucture, and cause it's partial collaspe. I live in Detroit Michigan, I've seen buildings like this firsthand! Also a good show on the National Geographic Channel, "After People" shows this. I'm sure there are videos on youtube.

(example pic that's not from Detroit) [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/52xi87.jpg[/IMG]

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (255 Views)
Wastelander
604 posts

Mar 25, 2013

I can assure you theres a good reason for collapsed buildings, ND's research goes far and wide on this topic. I think it's safe to assume when the entire population is aware of a mass breakout of a deadly virus there would be rioting in the masses, dodgey government decisions regarding containment (Kill 'em with fire) and nature can be quite powerful. I'm not saying nature can tear down buildings but it could sure play a hefty role in doing so. There could also have been earthquakes but that's a long shot

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (218 Views)
0 Likes