Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Re: Poor choice of words?

May 31, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Amazon don't know what they are talking about, about a week ago they had Mirrors Edge 2 up for pre-order.

Everyone knows EA wont let Dice make anything other than Boringfield 4 followed by 5,6,7,8,9,10.11.12 and so on.

They're also working on a Star Wars game.

You'll have to wait for Battlefield 8 and Medal of Honor: Red Alert (6) first.

EA's priorities go like...

Battlefield, MOH, Fifa, NHL, Madden, Tiger Woods, Need For Speed, Fight Night, MMA and all the cool stuff they don't care about.

Even though I can't say I've ever tried the MMA game.. I may be open to it... Looks pretty brutal but if it plays anything like Fight Night it will suck.

The only things worth a crap on that list are NFS, Fifa (Not my kind of game, but it does what it's supposed to do I guess. i've watched enough of it... and possibly MMA on the grounds that I haven't even played it to pass judgement)

Message 11 of 14 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 31, 2013

Yeah, I'm not expecting the Star Wars game to come out until 2015, when they release the new movie.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 12 of 14 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

May 31, 2013

@Aureilia:

I heard some pretty nasty stuff about Mirror's Edge 2, there are going rumors around about it being an xbox one exclusive, and with EA and Microsoft starting to really love each other, I would not be surprised it that is true, but if that is true then I would be so extremely angry, I'm waiting a **bleep** 5 years for a sequel and then Microsoft throws some money at EA to have an extra exclusive (how else do they get 15 exclusives, they barely have first party studio's...), I would be really really really upset, because no way I'm going to buy an xbox one for it! (but I do want to play Mirror's Edge 2!)

But on the other hand, everything Microsoft throws money at is a timed exclusive (I suspect that at least 5 of those so called 15 exclusives are timed exclusives, 5 are crappy kinect games and only 5 are actually exclusives, of which only 2 are exclusives people care about xD), so I just have to wait a while and then I can still play it, I can live with that...

Message 13 of 14 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 31, 2013

Interesting info from an interview last year:

"So, yeah, there’ll be different vehicles—different means of transportation—that you’ll find throughout the journey. 
The journey goes from the east coast to the west coast, so yeah, they’ll make it really far over the course of about a year.

We don’t need the vehicle to be drivable. We just need the vehicle to get the story purposes across. You’re going to be able to see multiple environments quicker through this game if you get a vehicle and it gives Joel and Ellie a great goal to find one."

"If you get a vehicle" makes it seem like you have a choice or maybe the possibility of not getting/finding a vehicle and that it could affect the narrative. I might be reading too deeply, but it seems possible

Message 14 of 14 (56 Views)
0 Likes