Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
594 posts

Re: Possibilities of a sequel (spoilers)

Jun 26, 2013
Spoilers..
I could see that. But the story of just regaining her trust might not be as good as the first game.

I guess what I'm saying is, the first one was really good. The journey cross country and the immune concepts played really well. Right now I can't see much incentive for Joel and Ellie to leave Tommy's Dam, unless the Fireflies come after them or something. There has to be an overarching story, if Joel left Marlene alive I could see that being the story of the second one. But he didnt, so I dunno. The entire clan of Fireflies as a whole could be **bleep** or something. But just having the Fireflies chase them and Ellie have distrust in Joel aren't really enough for a sequel.

I'm sure ND could pull it off. I may have come off the wrong way before. If there is a sequel, there is no way in hell I would not get it. I just worry about the quality of the story. If the story can be as emotional and intense as the first, or even more, then I would be beyond satisfied.

I'm just kinda worried. ND hasnt made any games that have a worthwhile continuing story besides Jak and Daxter and 30 minutes into Jak 2 I really did not care about the story. I hated the protagonist Jak and really only liked Daxter. Crash speaks for itself, just platformers with no real story besides defeat Cortex. Uncharted could really be played as stand alone games, there not much reference to previous games besides returning characters and I think if you jumped right into U2 or U3 you could tell who Elena or Sully were to Nate.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 35 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
The bleep was PO'd but obviously not typed as "PO'd"*
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 35 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I get what your saying, it would basically be hard to top the first one in this series (If TLoU becomes a serieis) and it would be stupid for Joel and Ellie to leave Tommys camp but who says Tommys camp is still their? Who says Tommy didnt get bitten on the way home and infected his whole camp (boom sequel opener in a matter of seconds from an unimaginitive idiot). Thats the beauty of sequels ESPECIALLY in this games world. Anything could happen anything.

Btw Joel dying and Ellie growing up err I dunno the best part of Ellies appeal is her innocence of being a child / teenager if she grows up she will just become a reskinned Tess.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 35 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I think Ellie has to stay a kid. The only time I'd accept a grown up Ellie would be like the last chater at the end of TLOU 3 or something.

Inevitably if she grows up the "girl who's good with a bow" similarities will emerge and people will start calling her a Lara Croft clone. Obviously stupid, but I know it will happen and I'd judt hate to see that. I remember the first trailer for Uncharted 1, it was all "Dude Raider"

Anyways if they do make a sequel, I think you're right. Something has to happen that was not really built on in the first game. Maybe Tommy's town gets overrun by bandits or infected. But since it has to be something not built on in the first game it's pretty impossible to predict the story of the second game.

But I think with all the positive reception The Last of Us has gotten, there no way there won't be a sequel. Sony is going to hound Naughty Dog (pun 100% intended) until they make something.

As a captioned picture of The Last of Us once said:
"SO MANY PERFECT 10/10'S
THAT WE CAN MARKET THIS GAME IN BINARY CODE"
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 35 (177 Views)
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I agree a sequel is inevitable its only a matter of when. Whether Joel and Ellies story continues or not I will still buy it, no doubt about that.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 35 (164 Views)
0 Likes