Jun 25 2013
By: lastcat12345 Lombax Warrior 177 posts

Possibilities of a sequel (spoilers)

34 replies 597 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

The game is definitely selling well enough for there to be a sequel. In my opinion though (and it seems naughtydog views this way as well). There is not much room to have a sequel involving Ellie and Joel. The emotional story between them as already been told and all that would be left would be them living together in Tommy's camp trying to survive.

As good as the Ellie and Joel story was if they tried to do a sequel involving them it would be very difficult to create another script as interesting as the first and I believe it would just end up seeming forced.

If they were going to do another game involving one or both of these characters I believe it would have to take place years later when Ellie is much older (say thirties or so) but even then it would be difficult to create a story that could live up to the first.  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 35 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Possibilities of a sequel (spoilers)

Jun 25, 2013
I totally agree. I think there is gonna be a sequel, but with new characters. But I would like Ellie at least to return, I can't imagine never seeing her again in a game, If it jumps forward 5-10 years in the future it's fine with me, and I'm sure ND could make a new script with Ellie which would be equally as awesome as the first one. I would say 95% chance of a sequel/prequel, 20% for a sequel with Ellie (and/or Joel).
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 35 (587 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I remember reading a Gamespot article with someone from ND saying they left plenty of room for a sequel. Also, in the "making of" video they talk about how they are creating Ellie to be new video game heroine, which implies she would be in multiple games.

I feel like the ending left plenty of room for a sequel. I imagine the remaining fireflies could find Ellie, and she would find out Joel lied to her. That would be a good starting conflict for another game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 35 (563 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I want to really know what happens to Joel and Ellie, but I don't this this game needs a sequel.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 35 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Sooo do you want a sequel with Ellie or not?:-)
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 35 (546 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Could you link the article? That would be great:-)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 35 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Ryuu-jin882 wrote:

I remember reading a Gamespot article with someone from ND saying they left plenty of room for a sequel. Also, in the "making of" video they talk about how they are creating Ellie to be new video game heroine, which implies she would be in multiple games.

I feel like the ending left plenty of room for a sequel. I imagine the remaining fireflies could find Ellie, and she would find out Joel lied to her. That would be a good starting conflict for another game.

Told you there is a little lara croft in Ellie.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 35 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

If they just take new characters they would have to ditch the immunity thing which would make the story already much weaker than the first one. So I think they gotta keep Ellie.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 35 (534 Views)
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
With all this positive reception, there is no way Sony will let ND not release a sequel. They'll at least pressure them.

If Ellie and Joel don't return then I don't know if the second can be as good as the first
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 35 (530 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 25, 2013

luctiger98 wrote:
With all this positive reception, there is no way Sony will let ND not release a sequel. They'll at least pressure them.

If Ellie and Joel don't return then I don't know if the second can be as good as the first

Even if they do return, it could still suck.

The ending was too powerful. Not knowing if Ellie believed Joel or not was a great ending.

A continuation would just be a cash grab...actually, either way it'd still be a cash grab. This is 'MURICA after all =/

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 35 (414 Views)
0 Likes