First Son
21 posts

Re: Possibilities of a sequel (spoilers)

Jun 25, 2013
I believe in ND and if they could make the first game THAT good, I'm sure the second one could be good as well. I agree with the fact that the ending was extremely powerful on it's own, but to just leave their story out in the open and to finish it with only one game is what bugs me. I miss Joel and Ellie like crazy already.
Message 11 of 35 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I know exactly how you feel man

Message 12 of 35 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the story of Joel and Ellie. But I really think that the sequel needs to be with entirely new characters. I think if they just bring back Ellie and Joel again it will be like watching old boxers trying to fight again. It's kinda cool to see the familiar faces but their prime is over. Their story is told, and if anything ND needs to expand on the universe with a sequel - not narrow the universe down the path of Joel and Ellie. There must be lots of other different and interesting characters to meet and stories to tell in this universe. 

Why not play as a member of the military? You could be send out with a band of brothers on a mission and then let the story go from there. Or ND could place the story in a different part of the world. Why not see what's going on in Great Britain, Australia or Canada (I reckon it needs to be a place where people per default speaks English). 

Don't have us play as Ish, Bill or someone like that. It would just feel like a silly gimmick, and take away from the atmosphere. 

Message 13 of 35 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 25, 2013

good idea but i can't honestly see that being an entire TLoU game because for me, the game is about finding something to fight for and that especially includes ellie and joel's story. Without them the game wouldn't be half as good.

Wouldn't you find yourself comparing the new characters with joel and ellie all the time?

like, "I do like these new characters, but Ellie and Joel's story was way better" I know I would. The risk to bring in a completely different story and completely new characters is that the TLoU games will separate and not really have something liking them together except for the "zombies" and the world they live in. It would almost be as any other action/war game like COD or something.

The thing that makes everybody love this game IS in fact Joel and Ellie, I hardly believe anyone can argue about that.

Message 14 of 35 (221 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 26, 2013

They could just make the second game involve ellie some how finding out about Joels lie and make the game go on from there which is how i though it would gonna go till it ended.

Message 15 of 35 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Sejborg wrote:

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the story of Joel and Ellie. But I really think that the sequel needs to be with entirely new characters. I think if they just bring back Ellie and Joel again it will be like watching old boxers trying to fight again. It's kinda cool to see the familiar faces but their prime is over. Their story is told, and if anything ND needs to expand on the universe with a sequel - not narrow the universe down the path of Joel and Ellie. There must be lots of other different and interesting characters to meet and stories to tell in this universe. 

Why not play as a member of the military? You could be send out with a band of brothers on a mission and then let the story go from there. Or ND could place the story in a different part of the world. Why not see what's going on in Great Britain, Australia or Canada (I reckon it needs to be a place where people per default speaks English). 

Don't have us play as Ish, Bill or someone like that. It would just feel like a silly gimmick, and take away from the atmosphere. 

I completely agree. Seeing torn up Great Britian or Australia would be awesome. I want to see some constant territory fighting. Run into a MP if you will(run into Hunters and Fireflies fighting).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 16 of 35 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jun 26, 2013

One thing they could do for a sequel is instead of focusing on a very small group of people like they did in this game they could instead focus on a larger group. Tommy's camp could be the perfect avenue. I believe he said in the game that they were up to twenty families. Move the timeline ahead ten/fifteen years and there is a good chance the group could be even larger with them accepting new people and intermarrying within the group.

That's one thing The Walking Dead focuses on (please no season 3 spoilers for Walking Dead as I am waiting for the dvd's to be released). Instead of focusing in on the relationship of just a couple people The Walking Dead focuses in on a larger group that has banded together.

The new game could have new main characters with Ellie and Joel playing more background characters. I think most people would accept that and probably many wouldn't want them to be the central focus again anyway.

I think a game focusing strictly on Joel and Ellie shouldn't be done (nor do I think a game simply focusing on only two or three characters should be done either) but a game that focuses on a larger group would be a very unique idea that never was seen in the first game.

But I still think they should skip ahead ten or fifteen years to when Ellie is an adult and also so it would have time to where it would be believable that new conflicts would arise (if they picked the second game up soon after the first game ended and all of a sudden there was a brand new conflict it would just seem forced).  

Message 17 of 35 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
If they make a second one then it would completely defeat the purpose of the ending of the first, I do agree
Message 18 of 35 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 26, 2013

or they can just add a new chapeter in Ellie's life. It doesn't have to answer anything from the first story. Just have it focus on how she's adjusting to her new life, then something happens she runs off etc.

Message 19 of 35 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I think some people are overeacting to how upset Ellie may have been with Joel there at the end. I think she would have sacrificed herself for the greater good if she had the choice to do so (which the firefly's never gave her that choice) and she questioned rather Joel was telling her the truth. But I don't think that meant she was upset with him (I think she completely understood why he made that choice and it's not like she wanted to get away from him anyhow).

I think her saying 'ok' at the end meant that she was accepting Joel's decision regardless of rather he was telling the truth or not because she had come to care for him so deeply.

Message 20 of 35 (181 Views)