May 29 2013
By: Darthmaul1309 First Son 10 posts

Post-pandemic edition...

30 replies 300 views Edited May 29, 2013

I ordered the post pandemic edition from game stop for 159.99 and I can't wait to get it, and play it, and display that awesome statue.   I do believe it is going to be my game of the year by far.  Naughty dog is my fave developer and they have yet to let me down.  My only complaint is that I see there is a season pass on sale for 19.99.  How come the post pandemic edition that cost over $160 with taxes, come with the season pass?? I have to shell out another 19.99 for the season pass now?? Doesnt seem right to me....

Message 1 of 31 (300 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 29, 2013

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

I ordered the post pandemic edition from game stop for 159.99 and I can't wait to get it, and play it, and display that awesome statue.   I do believe it is going to be my game of the year by far.  Naughty dog is my fave developer and they have yet to let me down.  My only complaint is that I see there is a season pass on sale for 19.99.  How come the post pandemic edition that cost over $160 with taxes, come with the season pass?? I have to shell out another 19.99 for the season pass now?? Doesnt seem right to me....

ND is following in EA's footsteps.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 2 of 31 (287 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Same thing with Explorer's edition and FHC. Trust me, you don't wanna how much that costed...

Expensive editions should ALWAYS include a season pass AND a soundtrack. That goes without saying. If you're paying for a premium product, then you're entitled to those things.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 31 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

May 29, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

Meh, more like it's become and industry standard. 

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 4 of 31 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 29, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

ND is supposed to be "different" from EA and other greedy companies. Remember?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 31 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

May 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

ND are way "greedier" than EA.

It may take them some time to cacth the amount of milking Capcom do though.

Message 6 of 31 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

May 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

You mean with the FHC, recycled maps and practically free in-game items turned into paid DLC? Smiley LOL

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 7 of 31 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3509 posts

May 29, 2013

I don't understand why you would pay 160$ for a special edition, what is in this edition that makes it worth 160$ besides that statue?

It's funny I have sometimes luck with buying games, I bhought the special edition for infamous (special box with inside a little art book and an in-game extra power) for just 55$ and I bhought tomb raider for 55$ and I just walked passed a store guy and he saw I was holding tomb raider so he said, here take this steelbook case (or whatever you call it) for free, and I was like, ok, thanks Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 31 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

1) ND are way "greedier" than EA.

2) It may take them some time to cacth the amount of milking Capcom do though.

1) Maybe you are right. Temporary DLC (aka tournament tickets/rewards) is probably the WORST form of DLC I've ever seen in my entire gaming career.

2) Don't worry, Eric-ND* used to work at Crapcom until August 2011. Smiley Wink No wonder they started adopting money-grubbing practices since UC3 MP...

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericmonacelli

Message 9 of 31 (230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 29, 2013

I usually don't buy special editions, but this one is supposed to be super limited so I thought what the hell..go for it.  Im sure it wont be as limited as the uncharted 2 special edition (which i won TWO of by the way) but I might sit on this one a while to see if there is any demand for it.  If i do sit on it then obviously I wont need the season pass, but it should still come with it in my opinion,.  

Message 10 of 31 (217 Views)
0 Likes