Highlighted
Jun 21 2013
By: Eggballz First Son 2 posts

Profile Hacked on The Last of Us?

4 replies 265 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

Hey guys,

First of all, I have already reached out to Naughty Dog's customer support in hopes of resolving this issue, but I also wanted to post this here to see if anyone else has also had something similar happen to them. Here is the (truncated) email I have sent to them:

"... I was playing a Supply Raid match on University with 60 healthy survivors when I suddenly got booted out of the game for no reason. Prior to the match, I also had 14 out of the 7 executions I needed to prevent my survivors from getting sick on Day 3. Once I got back into the lobby, I immediately noticed that I had 17 healthy, 34 hungry and 9 sick survivors rather than the 60 healthy survivors I initially started with. In the match that I got booted out of, I had just killed two out of the four players on the opposing team right before this happened, so I am sure that this was an exploit of some sort. Needless to say, this frustrated me to the point where I am unwilling to continue playing after being cheated out of a good run. Before the match I was on week 3, day 5 with 60 healthy survivors, and now suddenly my clan is about to be wiped out. I am not sure why this has happened, I am only certain it was foul play by someone on the opposing team ..."

If this is not some **bleep** hacker/exploit that screwed up my profile, is this game's multiplayer that unforgiving? Does getting dropped/kicked in the middle of a match nearly devastate your clan like what happened to mine? I would love to hear all of your opinions on this matter, thanks for reading.
Message 1 of 5 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: Profile Hacked on The Last of Us?

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

As far as I know, leaving the game early, for whatever reason ends up in penalty similar to what you mentioned, since you clearly can't get enough parts you would get for a full game. Did you consider it being your internets fault? Is that possible? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I did consider that, but the strange thing is that I didn't get the disconnected from server message or anything like that. Even if this is the case, doesn't this penalty seem a bit excessive? I could see getting maybe 4 hungry and 1 sick considering that I only had 60 survivors, but we'll hopefully see what Naughty Dog responds with soon.
Message 3 of 5 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Well if you disconnect does it count as 0/x (x being the number of supplies you may need daily)

If so then yeah I could see you having a ton of sick and hungry if the game just turned you up with that supply count.
Message 4 of 5 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 22, 2013
It has nothing to do with hackers. Most likely when you were kicked for no reason it was the host leaving or just the general suckiness of PSN. Yes, you will always lose basically everything from leaving/being kicked/being disconnected/power outage/whatever; in this game. If it happens twice in a row you pretty much get reset. It needs to be changed now. Yes, it punish rage quitters but I would rather have that as opposed to this **bleep**.
Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)
0 Likes