Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Re: Puzzles Bypass

Apr 10, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

I doubt there'll be puzzles in this game as it's not that kinda game. However, if there was to be some "problem solving" like the Uncharted puzzles, then I hope there's an OPTION to bypass/turn them off AFTER COMPLETING the game once.

I am also not sure if they have the "Crushing" option either, but I'm guessing they'll defo have it under a different name.

One thing that bothers me about replaying Uncharted is the "slowing down" during the Puzzle bits, I just want a quick run through of the game and since being introduced to the MP I just wanna kill everything in my path and not be stopped just to complete a puzzle I've already done.

This game will have the "kill thrill" factor as it's a zombie type game, so I hope that there is a bypass option AFTER completing the game once IF it does have any puzzle type segments. 

It Is NOT a zombie game!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 11 of 21 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Ah, you were forgetting the option to win immediately.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 12 of 21 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 10, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

Ah, you were forgetting the option to win immediately.

Well that's a given, come on now.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 13 of 21 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Apr 10, 2013
ND said this game will have environmental puzzles, like the one showed in the extended E3 demo. So I doubt it's like uncharted. And lol InsidetheBlue...
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 14 of 21 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Personally I thoroughly enjoy (good) puzzles in games regardless of how many times I've played through them.

I'm looking forward to the environmental puzzles. Hopefully we can access optional areas of maps (like big cities or buildings) to find loot and collectables by figuring out how to drain flooded streets/floors or finding ways across nature infected paths. That would be awesome IMO. I have no clue why anyone would want these disabled Smiley Indifferent

Message 15 of 21 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I'm pretty sure he means this with repeated playthroughs D. Not on the initial.

Message 16 of 21 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Yeah I figured that was what he meant, I still don't get why anyone would want to skip them if they were done right Smiley Tongue I guess I'm just a puzzle kind of guy lol.

edit: actually let me rephrase that, U3 was more of a run and gun so puzzles just kind of stopped you dead in your tracks and felt like a hinderance after multiple playthroughs. IMO TLoU appears to be a game to take your time on and I kind of hope environmental "puzzles" become a central part of gameplay just because it seems like it would fit so perfectly in the world. Hope I phrased that right...

Message 17 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Haha, I guess you are. I enjoy a puzzle or two as well, don't get me wrong. Just when I'm on my 3-4th playthrough, I've had enough of the puzzles. Just me? Haha.  

Regardless, this is one of those option requests that I highly doubt will happen. Would be weird walking into a puzzle room and it already been solved.  

Edit: Heya D! In my "Help." thread, CyborgHippo did me a quick sig, I'm waiting on Karlos, so if you want Hippo's sig you can have it. 

Message 18 of 21 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Apr 10, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

I doubt there'll be puzzles in this game as it's not that kinda game. However, if there was to be some "problem solving" like the Uncharted puzzles, then I hope there's an OPTION to bypass/turn them off AFTER COMPLETING the game once.

I am also not sure if they have the "Crushing" option either, but I'm guessing they'll defo have it under a different name.

One thing that bothers me about replaying Uncharted is the "slowing down" during the Puzzle bits, I just want a quick run through of the game and since being introduced to the MP I just wanna kill everything in my path and not be stopped just to complete a puzzle I've already done.

This game will have the "kill thrill" factor as it's a zombie type game, so I hope that there is a bypass option AFTER completing the game once IF it does have any puzzle type segments. 

It Is NOT a zombie game!

TYPE!

Message 19 of 21 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:Edit: Heya D! In my "Help." thread, CyborgHippo did me a quick sig, I'm waiting on Karlos, so if you want Hippo's sig you can have it. 

ooOOoOoOo I'll go check that out thanks

Message 20 of 21 (64 Views)
0 Likes