Jun 07 2013
By: Sutton321 Splicer 89 posts

Q & A On Reddit NOW LIVE!

[ Edited ]
9 replies 378 views Edited Jun 7, 2013

Just a Reminder. Go Ask Questions! I asked about the AI being different from the E3 Gameplay than in the full game.

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 1 of 10 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Re: Q & A On Reddit NOW LIVE!

Jun 7, 2013

Link?

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 2 of 10 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I'm not going. Just in case some Redditer who thinks he's funny decides to ask questions filled with spoilers.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 3 of 10 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Message 4 of 10 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Yes, link please
Message 5 of 10 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 7, 2013

chaystic wrote:

Link?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1fvtwj/naughty_dog_auaa_hi_were_max_dyckhoff_programmer/

Message 6 of 10 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I'm not risking it, but if anyone is going, can you ask if there will be a last of us mode for the PlayStation Pulse headset?

Message 7 of 10 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jun 7, 2013

well, so far they havent touched a single MP related question.

Im an anti-spoiler freak, and i felt safe on there. Im sure ND+the mods are on the same page about spoilers.

best answer so far: one Dev said how he kept refreshing the Reviews Thread on..wait for it..NeoGaf. what a joke.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 8 of 10 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 7, 2013

From the Reddit Q&A:
Programmer Max Dyckhoff on Ellie not being noticed:
"That was absolutely intentional, and it was a very hard decision to make. As Sessler and a few other reviews pointed out, the alternative would be extremely infuriating. We are trying to make a game where stealth is an important aspect, and we knew we wouldn't be able to guarantee the buddy AI would be able to stay hidden as well as the player. If the buddies were seen by enemies, it would be extremely frustrating.

The buddy AI was actually what I have spent the last four months or so writing, and I think we did a good job of making them seem believable. Ellie will stick in cover with you and hunker under your protective arm, and she is good at keeping up with you.

The best thing is that because the AI is emergent, the playthroughs will be different for everyone, and different on successive playthroughs."

He also programmed AI:

"Hi! I actually wrote a significant amount of the AI for the game, so I hope I can answer it sufficiently!

Yes, we managed to get a lot of reactivity in the AI. If they out number you they will be a lot more confident, if you out gun them they will be a lot more cautious, etc. They will hide from you, flank you, wait you out, flush you out, and coordinate to attack you.

There are a lot of systems running behind the scenes which make it all work, including some really neat environmental analysis, an upgraded pathfinding system, and ultimately some carefully hand crafted and tuned behavioural systems."

Message 9 of 10 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 7, 2013

westhebes: "Based on previous series, when will we see Unkarted?"

Visual Effects Artist: "I'm personally working on The Last Crash of Drake Daxtercoot right now."

Lol

Message 10 of 10 (257 Views)