Reply
Jul 07 2013
By: Zinacef MVP Support 13410 posts
Offline

Question about game.

11 replies 236 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

Can I go back a couple chapters seeing as I missed a some comics and shiv doors without affecting my current progress in the game?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 1 of 12 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/07/2008
Offline
1814 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

Yes just make a seperate save file. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 2 of 12 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/17/2013
Offline
63 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

Actually I beleive there is a chapter selection in the main menu if I am not mistaken.

We all have our lives to live. Chill and enjoy the ride. Take into consideration the situations the people around you are facing. Live Long and Prosper.
Message 3 of 12 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/17/2013
Offline
63 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

And I think they tell you how many comics, shiv doors, and artifacts you are missing.

We all have our lives to live. Chill and enjoy the ride. Take into consideration the situations the people around you are facing. Live Long and Prosper.
Message 4 of 12 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 02/26/2007
Offline
13410 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

How do you check how many shiv doors, comics, and artifacts you're missing?  I've checked through the menus and couldn't really find it.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 12 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/11/2012
Offline
594 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013
Go to chapter select to see a specific, how many of a certain thing you have out of how many total are in a chapter. (Except shiv doors)

If you just want a number, there are 85 artifacts, 14 comics and 13 shiv doors in the game. Go to statistics and look for how many you've already collected so far.
Message 6 of 12 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 02/26/2007
Offline
13410 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

Yes just make a seperate save file. 


So if you create a new save file, go through that chapter and take care of the shiv door you missed or collect that comic you forgot, then you return to the place you left of without affecting anything else, correct?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 7 of 12 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 02/26/2007
Offline
13410 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

luctiger98 wrote:
Go to chapter select to see a specific, how many of a certain thing you have out of how many total are in a chapter. (Except shiv doors)

If you just want a number, there are 85 artifacts, 14 comics and 13 shiv doors in the game. Go to statistics and look for how many you've already collected so far.

Sad they don't have stats on Shiv doors because I missed more than a couple of those.  Now I'm considering starting over the game from the point where the first Shiv door was.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 8 of 12 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/07/2008
Offline
1814 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

Zinacef wrote:

GOODKyle wrote:

Yes just make a seperate save file. 


So if you create a new save file, go through that chapter and take care of the shiv door you missed or collect that comic you forgot, then you return to the place you left of without affecting anything else, correct?


Yup. As long as you handle the save files correctly. Quite a few people have overwritten their "story" save file with their "chapter collectibles" save file. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 9 of 12 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 02/26/2007
Offline
13410 posts
 

Re: Question about game.

Jul 7, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

Zinacef wrote:

GOODKyle wrote:

Yes just make a seperate save file. 


So if you create a new save file, go through that chapter and take care of the shiv door you missed or collect that comic you forgot, then you return to the place you left of without affecting anything else, correct?


Yup. As long as you handle the save files correctly. Quite a few people have overwritten their "story" save file with their "chapter collectibles" save file. 


When I go back into these chapters to get what I need, do I need to finish the entire chapter or just get what I need, then back out, and return to my other game file continuing with my progress?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 10 of 12 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes