Dec 26 2013
By: TJByrum Hekseville Citizen 361 posts

Questions About a Movie

9 replies 188 views Edited Dec 26, 2013

I'm not suggesting they make one, much less disucss who should be in it, nor am I trying to get ND's attention.

I saw this:  http://www.imdb.com/list/Iume3EStNHU/

And got curious.  What is that, is that legit, and if not then why is it there?

Also, what are those links I see in Google about 'movie domains' being registered?  What does that mean exactly?  And does it have anything to do with the IMDB link above?

Since everyone seems so fixed on Chloe Grace Moretz being Ellie (which I'm not complaining about), has anyone seen a video or read an interview with Chloe saying anything about it?  I've watched videos of Chloe saying she's worked with SONY before (on Carrie) and that she enjoys the Playstation and such games as Assassin's Creed, so I wouldn't say it's to far-fetched for her to play the role.

Whatever the case, I'd just like those questions answered please.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 1 of 10 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: Questions About a Movie

Dec 26, 2013

It just means that Sony had registered the domain so no one could make a movie with that title. It doesn't mean they're going to be making a movie.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 10 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Well at least the IMDB page looks like there will be a movie. Dunno...

Art by Janice Chu
Message 3 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 27, 2013

No chance at all that there will be a movie made about TLOU. You would see a movie about TWD long before you would ever see one about Last of Us. Even if they wanted to make a movie about TLOU they would have to totally rewrite the script as the plot from the video game wouldn't translate well at all into a two or three hour long movie. 

Message 4 of 10 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Which is sad, because if they wait to long then Chloe Grace Moretz will be to old to play the role.

Smiley Sad
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 5 of 10 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Dec 28, 2013
If they did make a Movie they should do like Lucas did with star wars and pick no-name actors
Message 6 of 10 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Dec 28, 2013

I really don't want a movie for this game. 

I feel that they would find a way to ruin it. I think The Last of Us has already told its story, there's really no need for a movie in my opinion. Maybe it could turn out as a great film because it's such a good story, but I think the game has done enough and a movie won't live up to it at all. 

Message 7 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 28, 2013
@Smurfmanx: Have you seen Chloe Moretz though? If you saw her facial expressions in Movie 43 (horrible movie, do not watch) you'll think "wow, she really does look like Ellie". It's crazy!
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 8 of 10 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

That209 wrote:

I really don't want a movie for this game. 

I feel that they would find a way to ruin it. I think The Last of Us has already told its story, there's really no need for a movie in my opinion. Maybe it could turn out as a great film because it's such a good story, but I think the game has done enough and a movie won't live up to it at all. 

The problem this plot would have in a movie format is the main aspect of TLOU was the slowly developing relationship between Joel And Ellie and everything else was completely in the background. That would not be nearly as effective if told in a two hour long movie (the only way people could buy into their relationship in only a two hour format is if Ellie really was his daughter or they had known eachother for a long period of time already). 

Plus there are a couple huge plot holes in the game that fans of the game are choosing to look past but people who no nothing of the game would find hard to accept.

Message 9 of 10 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 28, 2013
Yeah, I guess I can agree with what you guys say.

I just like the story so much, I wish it was a movie instead of a game. I mean, the game is a masterpiece, but I just wish I could have had a movie of it instead, you know?

And besides, I saw Chloe Moretz in Kick-**bleep** and other movies, and I just saw Hugh Jackman in Prisoners... and it'd be so awesome to see them in a movie.

Eh, whatever the case, this can be deleted. I don't want this to turn into a "OMG we need a movie" thread.
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 10 of 10 (77 Views)
0 Likes