Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 14 2013
By: Renegade_angel95 I Only Post Everything 996 posts

Quick summary of my opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 replies 155 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

So I picked this game up about 6 hours ago, I've spent most on Single player, and I am having a blast. Most of it is intuitive and nothing is really difficult to comprehend. The AI can be really smart sometimes, and also really stupid. Both friendly and enemy AI, that is. I've been able to stealth through a lot, blown my cover a few times as well. What makes up for the sometimes finicky AI is the AI placement throughout the game, they're all in pretty clever places which makes you really have to use sound to your advantage. Gun play is fairly good. The idea of taking cover automatically takes a while to get used to. But I haven't been in a good firefight yet, hopefully won't have to. Exploration is GREAT. Section after section has tons of things to explore, all of it looks beautiful too. Along with the voice acting the game story wise is amazing so far. Gameplay is almost flawless with the only flaw being the AI getting stupid once or twice and some controls are a little hard to grasp.

I'm playing on Hard with all assist such as listen mode, button prompts and two other options that escape me, but anything that was on that was suppose to be an assistance I've turned off. And still all the buttons during combat are very intuitive. Great game so far, goanna head out and grab a bite with some friends, and then come home and pull an all nightmare.

EDIT**

Oh forgot multiplayer. So far I'm iffy on it. Haven't played but only 4 rounds. I /think/ I like it. Haven't figured out yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Re: Quick summary of my opinions.

Jun 14, 2013

Enemy AI is definitely smart. On the otherhand, friendly AI seems incredibly flawed to me. Tess loves to open fire on clickers when she thinks we've been spotted, though I'll be in cover and the clicker didn't even know we were there.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Enemy AI is very very smart. It  has never failed me. But the friendly breaks the immersion, but again they help you out a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Jun 15, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Enemy AI is very very smart. It  has never failed me. But the friendly breaks the immersion, but again they help you out a lot.

Really? Someone made a thread about that about a week ago and everyone responded saying "Oh, it's nothing, you're just being nitpicky".

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I have played a couple of hours myself, sometimes I find Ellie getting in the way, this is usually when I'm running in and out of rooms but then she jumps out of the way. I don't think I am too far in but really enjoying it
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (63 Views)
0 Likes