First Son
29 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP PETITIONING TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS

Jun 25, 2013

SuicideDrug wrote:

TPoppaPuff wrote:

SuicideDrug wrote:

Captain_Mumps wrote:

That's not the thing. Most people AREN'T used to southpaw. It's a practically unused and abandoned option. No point wasting the time to program it in the game since most people that DO use it are capable of playing without it.

That's like saying no need for the 'inverted' option because more people play on normal. That's not fair for the inverted players. 

I would like to point out under Mumps' logic that Naughty Dog shouldn't waste their time creating an ending to the game either. It's a well known fact that the majority of people who play a game never finish the campaign, therefore they should not waste their time building the ending.

what are you going on about? 

Captain_Mumps said since most people don't use southpaw controls they shouldn't "waste their time" with it. By his logic, since most people who play a game do not finish it, Naughty Dog shouldn't have "wasted their time" building the ending either. It should have just ended 90% through the game. That's according to Captain_Mumps anyways.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 46 (102 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS IN THE LAST OF US

Jun 25, 2013
A true gamer can adapt there play style. This thread is completely irrelevant in that there doesn't need to be a southpaw option in any game. The control layout is fine as it is. Why should they create a patch for an incredibly small minority of people stuck in their ways. ND are an amazing gaming company, don't waste there time with this ridiculous crap.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 46 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Man.... your such an inflexible and unadaptive gamer that you  gotta create a petition to revolt against something?  terrible....

"Some times i find myself wondering, is it all worth fighting for.... for a future without fear.... ya its worth it!" ~ Kris Redfield, Resident evil 5

"I don't need luck, i've got ammo!" ~Grunt, Mass Effect 3

"After everything we've been through.... After Everything i've done.... It can't all be for nothing." ~Ellie, The Last of Us

"...Hold onto your Morales and Die or do whatever it takes to survive..." ~ Ellie, The Last of Us TV spot
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 46 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Wow. I can't believe how discriminatory some people on these forums are. "Oh, 1 in 10 people are different from me? Screw them. They don't deserve to play this game." Like I said, by simple virtue of having a preference, on average the Southpaw player will beat Default player on any game that has legitimate competitive multiplayer.

liv2rok wrote:
A true gamer can adapt there play style. This thread is completely irrelevant in that there doesn't need to be a southpaw option in any game. The control layout is fine as it is. Why should they create a patch for an incredibly small minority of people stuck in their ways. ND are an amazing gaming company, don't waste there time with this ridiculous crap.

You must live in bliss.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 46 (79 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP PETITIONING TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

TurdHaT wrote:

I used to have to play southpaw as well but so many games stopped supporting it I just started playing default. It only took me a playthough of one game to get used to it. Might have been the 1st halo. Not sure. I can sypathize with southpaw players. I remember returning some game over it back when you could return games. Early 2000's I guess. I just had so much trouble but if you really work at it with one game you should be good for any future games as your brain will adapt. I would advise learning non south paw as I did just to avoid the frustration down the line. In a perfect world it would be a rule to include it but alas...

No offense but you couldn't have been very good at aiming if it only took you one playthrough to get on an acceptable level with it. Maybe if I had to switch when I first started gaming I could've but after years of using the left to aim, it's just not possible.

I've done multiple playthroughs with right stick aiming (infamous 1 & 2, sleeping dogs, saints row the third, the last of us, medal of honor, spec ops the line, bioshock 1, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some), I'm still no where near the level I am with aiming on the left stick.

I'm better than casual players with the right stick, but still below average with it. With the left stick though, I'm no MLG player but I can twitch and be right on target. I'm no where near that point with the right and I don't think I ever will be. Too many games offer southpaw,  as they should, and if given the option I'm going to use what I'm ten times better at. It makes no sense to have to switch when 90% of games offer the option.

It's time that Naughty Dog smartened up and put the option back in the game. If they could include it in Uncharted 2 and 3, it makes no sense for them to take it away for the Last of Us.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 46 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

TPoppaPuff wrote:

Wow. I can't believe how discriminatory some people on these forums are. "Oh, 1 in 10 people are different from me? Screw them. They don't deserve to play this game." Like I said, by simple virtue of having a preference, on average the Southpaw player will beat Default player on any game that has legitimate competitive multiplayer.

liv2rok wrote:

You must live in bliss.

Yea seriously. Those people are absolutely pathetic if they really think that way. Such a callous and disgusting attitude and over what? Gaming? 

It's those kind of gamers that probably live in their moms basement into their 40's, and then go on forums and youtube proclaiming everyone else is terrible at the game because they don't have a 4.0 k/d ratio, and what not. They're just like the PC master race clowns, or the fanboys of any sort.

Good thing they're also the type that are super easy to troll online :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 46 (52 Views)
0 Likes