Jun 14 2013
By: HugoStiglitz_420 Monster Hunter 31 posts

READ THIS: NEED HELP TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS IN THE LAST OF US

[ Edited ]
45 replies 631 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

Do you believe that games should have more than one control option?

OR Do you use the left analog stick to aim, and the right to move (southpaw) especially?

Then PLEASE, help me get control options into the Last of US

Playstations e3 conference showed that they were willing to take a stand for gamers. I would like for some gamers, even if unaffected by this particular problem with the Last of Us to help myself and many other games

ALL I WANT PEOPLE TO DO, IS TO TWEET @Naughty_Dog THAT YOU WANT THEM TO PUT AN OPTION TO SWITCH THE FUNCTION OF THE ANALOG STICKS. IT'S THE SAME OPTION THAT WAS IN UNCHARTED 2 AND 3, 

UNCHARTED 2 AND 3 HAD OPTIONS TO SWITCH THE FUNCTIONS OF THE ANALOG STICK, THERE'S NO REASON WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT OUT OF THE LAST OF US BUT THEY DID.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE SOUTHPAW STICK LAYOUT, YOU CAN STILL STAND BY  YOUR PRINCIPLES THAT VIDEO GAMES SHOULD NOT DICTATE HOW PEOPLE PLAY. I DOUBT ANYONE WOULD ARGUE THAT PLAYERS SHOULD NOT HAVE OPTIONS, SO PLEASE JUST SEND A TWEET TO THEM, PLEASE

Thanks to anyone that helps, I really appreciate it because I can only tweet at naughty dog so many times myself

Message 1 of 46 (631 Views)
Splicer
44 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP PETITIONING TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

Can't imagine such a large company editing options in the game just for a very small minority. Southpaw is hardly used in any game because most have gotten used to normal controls.

Besides, options can't be changed after the game is released. All I can say is get used to it like everyone else does.

Message 2 of 46 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 14, 2013
one thing I'd like is to switch from left to right shoulder when aiming
Message 3 of 46 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Does clicking down on the analog sticks work? That's how you did it in Uncharted. Tweet it at naughty dog. If enough people complain we will get more control options.

It's not fair for them to take stuff we're used to out of the game. Especially since their other games had these options

Message 4 of 46 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

that's not true at all. Dust 514 just added the option to switch sticks with a simple patch, and plenty others have too. It's not as small of a minority as you think but even still, it makes no sense to take options away.

Uncharted 2 and 3 had the option to swap the sticks, it's stupid for them to take it out. How would you like aiming with the wrong stick? Don't tell me just to get used to it, that's not the point. The option should be there.

I can play with the right stick for aiming but it practically ruins the game for me. It's not right for them to be taking away options that 90% of all games especially shooters have. Don't justify just because it doesn't effect you.

Plus, when people complained about Uncharted 3s aiming, they brought gamers into the studio to test out other options, and then added the option to Uncharted 3 with a patch. there's no reason they can't add the option to swap analog sticks. Do you have any idea how simple it would be? It's simple button mapping, not anything crazy. plus there's plenty of room on the interface for it. There's no reason other than neglect that they can't do it

Message 5 of 46 (609 Views)
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 14, 2013

That's not the thing. Most people AREN'T used to southpaw. It's a practically unused and abandoned option. No point wasting the time to program it in the game since most people that DO use it are capable of playing without it.

Message 6 of 46 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 14, 2013

DUST 514 is all digital and anything can be patched. The options for controls are on the disc. New discs would have to be made and shipped to patch it.

Message 7 of 46 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Oh, and I can play fine with the opposite sticks. I use southpaw myself. But it doesn't bother me because it's not a big deal. I can play anyway.

Message 8 of 46 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Oh, and one more thing, the controls of Uncharted 3 were only changed because so many people complained. This won't get much attention because it's such a minority control style.

Message 9 of 46 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jun 14, 2013

That's completely irrelevant. You obviously don't know how this stuff works. This is a simple patch we're talking about, it has nothing to do with programming the game or whether or not the game is on disc, which by the way also doesn't matter.

Can you just leave this thread? You're obvious not here to help, and instead of trying to stand up for gamers, you're telling gamers to deal with it. Not cool at all

Message 10 of 46 (578 Views)