Splicer
47 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS IN THE LAST OF US

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

"I've been praising this games potential for a year now. I totally didn't see this coming. I feel like I've been kicked in the gut by a horse. I don't even wanna play now It's just so **bleep** disappointing.

Seriously, this is the worst. I would return the game but once it's opened that's it."

Seriously man, tweet at naughty dog. 

We will be able to get it changed if everyone who uses southpaw tells them to put it back in the game. That's a lot of people. I'm trying to put it on more forums.

It's really the best way to get their attention.

Message 21 of 46 (143 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

"You can't tell me to leave the thread. I'm partaking in a discussion. If you really have a problem with me using the forums for it's intended purpose then go ahead and tell a moderator. I'm pretty sure they'll agree with me."

No you're not. You're not only not helping but you're telling people how disappointed people should be about something that doesn't affect you.

I shouldn't have to ask. Unless you're trolling us, there's no reason you should even want to be here. 

Message 22 of 46 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 15, 2013

"THE LAST OF US: GENERAL DISCUSSION"

Nowhere does that say I have to help you. I'm discussing.

Message 23 of 46 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jun 15, 2013

The title of the thread is a completely different subject. Go discuss on another thread

Message 24 of 46 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP PETITIONING TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS

Jun 15, 2013

Press R2 while aiming.

Message 25 of 46 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Captain_Mumps why are you discussing it if it doesn't even effect you? Maybe try showing a bit of charity and sympathy towards other gamers, put yourself in their shoes, just think what it would be like if it did effect you.
Message 26 of 46 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 17, 2013

It is absolutely not unused and abandoned. That's just somebody imposing their own narrowminded views upon the rest of the world. 10-11% of the world are lefties. As their are some lefties that don't use southpaw and some righties that do use southpaw, we can assume those numbers are probably about even. Are you saying 11% of the people means it's "abandoned" and "unused?" That's insanity.

The funny thing is in reality the average and the median southpaw player is typically better than the average or median default player when a game, like almost all shooters, have both options. It's just a fact that really can't be refuted because it's dictated by basic logic. By simply having a preference it means that your ability is substantial enough to have a discrepency in performance between both controls otherwise you wouldn't have developed a preference. Compare that to a default user which ranges to the elite best all the way down to the far outnumbering dregs and grandmothers who pick up the controller once a year. The lowest of the low are just too numerous and they all use default controls because they are not skilled enough to have developed a preference. Basic logic proves it. Same goes for the median as well. The typical (or median) player is below average because otherwise there wouldn't a wise enough difference between good and bad players. And again, by simply having a preference that means there's a difference in ability that most players can't even reach.

Message 27 of 46 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Also, adding the southpaw option is typically one of the easiest options you can put into the game. It's far far easier than practically anything else. In most games, the controller receives input and the game interprets that stick input as either movement input or aim input. Basically a buffer layer. The only thing you need to do is add a simple toggle in that layer that says if southpaw is on, this input is directed at this action, else it is directed at this action. It's actually easier to patch that option than it is to update the playlists in Uncharted 3!

Message 28 of 46 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

TPoppaPuff wrote:

I've been praising this games potential for a year now. I totally didn't see this coming. I feel like I've been kicked in the gut by a horse. I don't even wanna play now It's just so **bleep** disappointing.

Seriously, this is the worst. I would return the game but once it's opened that's it.

You would return the game because it doesn't have controller options?

No, but I can't play multiplayer at all and in order to play single player I've had to knock the difficulty down to easy and put oin autolock. If this was practically any other shooter then yeah, I would. What's the point of playing a shooter if you can't aim and shoot? This just happens to be the best story experience of any game this year and one of the best this past decade, which means I'm willing to slug through the combat in order to see it through to completion. This is a rare instance in video games where the story's greatness is more important than the gameplay. Like I have said on other forums; try to play the game with the controller upside down for about an hour and get back to me. That's how I feel. Sure, the game's still great, but it's not nearly as much fun to actually play.

I'm glad to see people like you understanding the plight though that this can create for people like me. I've been praising this game since the announcement trailer, then it turns out that this game excludes me when the past two ND games have been all-inclusive.

Message 29 of 46 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

I used to have to play southpaw as well but so many games stopped supporting it I just started playing default. It only took me a playthough of one game to get used to it. Might have been the 1st halo. Not sure. I can sypathize with southpaw players. I remember returning some game over it back when you could return games. Early 2000's I guess. I just had so much trouble but if you really work at it with one game you should be good for any future games as your brain will adapt. I would advise learning non south paw as I did just to avoid the frustration down the line. In a perfect world it would be a rule to include it but alas...

Message 30 of 46 (93 Views)
0 Likes