0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS IN THE LAST OF US

Jun 18, 2013

TPoppaPuff wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

TPoppaPuff wrote:

I've been praising this games potential for a year now. I totally didn't see this coming. I feel like I've been kicked in the gut by a horse. I don't even wanna play now It's just so **bleep** disappointing.

Seriously, this is the worst. I would return the game but once it's opened that's it.

You would return the game because it doesn't have controller options?

No, but I can't play multiplayer at all and in order to play single player I've had to knock the difficulty down to easy and put oin autolock. If this was practically any other shooter then yeah, I would. What's the point of playing a shooter if you can't aim and shoot? This just happens to be the best story experience of any game this year and one of the best this past decade, which means I'm willing to slug through the combat in order to see it through to completion. This is a rare instance in video games where the story's greatness is more important than the gameplay. Like I have said on other forums; try to play the game with the controller upside down for about an hour and get back to me. That's how I feel. Sure, the game's still great, but it's not nearly as much fun to actually play.

I'm glad to see people like you understanding the plight though that this can create for people like me. I've been praising this game since the announcement trailer, then it turns out that this game excludes me when the past two ND games have been all-inclusive.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude, I didn't mean to. I would have thought it would have had some controller options as well, but with enough practice, you'll get used to it. I used to use southpaw all the time, then I came across a game that I didn't realise I could change the options, and got used to it, really easy, and really fast. I'm sure with practice you'll do great in no time.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 32 of 46 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

TPoppaPuff wrote:

No, but I can't play multiplayer at all and in order to play single player I've had to knock the difficulty down to easy and put oin autolock. If this was practically any other shooter then yeah, I would. What's the point of playing a shooter if you can't aim and shoot? This just happens to be the best story experience of any game this year and one of the best this past decade, which means I'm willing to slug through the combat in order to see it through to completion. This is a rare instance in video games where the story's greatness is more important than the gameplay. Like I have said on other forums; try to play the game with the controller upside down for about an hour and get back to me. That's how I feel. Sure, the game's still great, but it's not nearly as much fun to actually play.

I'm glad to see people like you understanding the plight though that this can create for people like me. I've been praising this game since the announcement trailer, then it turns out that this game excludes me when the past two ND games have been all-inclusive.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude, I didn't mean to. I would have thought it would have had some controller options as well, but with enough practice, you'll get used to it. I used to use southpaw all the time, then I came across a game that I didn't realise I could change the options, and got used to it, really easy, and really fast. I'm sure with practice you'll do great in no time.

No worries. You weren't rude at all. 

I really can't adapt. I've been playing default stick games when forced to since console shooters became popular in the early 2000s. I just can't do it competently and I don't want to ruin my ability at competitive shooters by playing everything default just so I can play mediocre at best with default sticks. Actually I bought a southpaw modded 360 controller just to play games like Battlefield: Bad Company and the like. It's ingrained in me. I started southpaw too young with Goldeneye. Smiley Wink

Like I said, it's just so darn disappointing. Hopefully they'll patch it in, but it makes me wonder why it's not in there now. I mean, considering ND is a two team/game studio, but both their last games that use the same engine had it, meaning they spent the time to remove the option. It must have something to do with the realtime inventory system, but that would be so dumb to just remove southpaw controls because they couldn't be bothered to fix the inventory controls or just allow southpaw users to navigate the system with the right stick. I'd bet that's exactly what happened though. From what I've played of the game, it's the only tangible realtime feature related to the sticks.

I'm gonna play through it obviously and it clearly is one of the most well told games of all time, but this is just so disappointing. This is honestly more disappointing to me than the insane XB1 DRM and too-high-for-what-it-is $500 pricepoint.

Message 33 of 46 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Upon playing again the other day I realized that the inventory can not be controlled by the left stick like I assumed. I always used the dpad because why wouldn't I but when I tried to use the left stick it didn't work. This just makes the southpaw omission much more confusing. There is seemingly no reason whatsoever to remove southpaw controls other than simply out of spite.

PS. lol. How quickly everything has changed since my last post.

In any event I am no longer going to preorder Naughty Dog games unless a developer confirms southpaw controls for the title. As it is TLoU would have been better served as a rental for me because I will never be able to play multiplayer as it is now and don't want to make the same mistake again.
Message 34 of 46 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 24, 2013

HugoStiglitz_420 wrote:

Do you believe that games should have more than one control option?

OR Do you use the left analog stick to aim, and the right to move (southpaw) especially?

Then PLEASE, help me get control options into the Last of US

Playstations e3 conference showed that they were willing to take a stand for gamers. I would like for some gamers, even if unaffected by this particular problem with the Last of Us to help myself and many other games

ALL I WANT PEOPLE TO DO, IS TO TWEET @Naughty_Dog THAT YOU WANT THEM TO PUT AN OPTION TO SWITCH THE FUNCTION OF THE ANALOG STICKS. IT'S THE SAME OPTION THAT WAS IN UNCHARTED 2 AND 3, 

UNCHARTED 2 AND 3 HAD OPTIONS TO SWITCH THE FUNCTIONS OF THE ANALOG STICK, THERE'S NO REASON WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT OUT OF THE LAST OF US BUT THEY DID.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE SOUTHPAW STICK LAYOUT, YOU CAN STILL STAND BY  YOUR PRINCIPLES THAT VIDEO GAMES SHOULD NOT DICTATE HOW PEOPLE PLAY. I DOUBT ANYONE WOULD ARGUE THAT PLAYERS SHOULD NOT HAVE OPTIONS, SO PLEASE JUST SEND A TWEET TO THEM, PLEASE

Thanks to anyone that helps, I really appreciate it because I can only tweet at naughty dog so many times myself

I believe all games by now, should have custom controls. Few games have it. That way I can switch around stuff to my personal liking. 

2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Message 35 of 46 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Re: READ THIS: NEED HELP PETITIONING TO GET MORE CONTROL OPTIONS

Jun 24, 2013

super-james12345 wrote:
one thing I'd like is to switch from left to right shoulder when aiming

Dude, I hate to break it to you but that is already in the game...LOL

Message 36 of 46 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Captain_Mumps wrote:

That's not the thing. Most people AREN'T used to southpaw. It's a practically unused and abandoned option. No point wasting the time to program it in the game since most people that DO use it are capable of playing without it.

That's like saying no need for the 'inverted' option because more people play on normal. That's not fair for the inverted players. 

Message 37 of 46 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 24, 2013

SuicideDrug wrote:

Captain_Mumps wrote:

That's not the thing. Most people AREN'T used to southpaw. It's a practically unused and abandoned option. No point wasting the time to program it in the game since most people that DO use it are capable of playing without it.

That's like saying no need for the 'inverted' option because more people play on normal. That's not fair for the inverted players. 

I would like to point out under Mumps' logic that Naughty Dog shouldn't waste their time creating an ending to the game either. It's a well known fact that the majority of people who play a game never finish the campaign, therefore they should not waste their time building the ending.

Message 38 of 46 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Press R2 to switch shoulders.
Message 39 of 46 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 25, 2013

TPoppaPuff wrote:

SuicideDrug wrote:

Captain_Mumps wrote:

I would like to point out under Mumps' logic that Naughty Dog shouldn't waste their time creating an ending to the game either. It's a well known fact that the majority of people who play a game never finish the campaign, therefore they should not waste their time building the ending.

what are you going on about? 

Message 40 of 46 (71 Views)
0 Likes