Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 14 2013
By: mozzie1 Splicer 51 posts

Review: 6/10

9 replies 633 views Edited Jun 14, 2013
First of all, I'd like to start by saying PLEASE, don't go searching for this review. All it does is give the website what it wants.
Okay, so seeing as the game has just been officially released, I thought I'd check the game's Metacritic score, only to find that it had dropped down by one point. It now sits at 95, which is obviously incredible, and nothing to complain about, but what annoys me, is the reason for the drop.
A website called Quarter to Three has rated the game a 60, single handedly causing the game to drop it's overall score. I have not yet finished the entire game, but there is no way that this game could be perceived that badly. Even if the reviewer didn't personally enjoy the game, it is quite clearly an objectively good game, and should be reviewed appropriately to reflect this.
It is quite obvious that the sole reason for this low review, is so that their website can generate a few cheap hits from people shocked, going to either laugh at the stupidity of the review, or flame the writer in the comment section. Honestly, I find this kind of journalism to be one of the worst parts about this industry, as it is just downright selfish, and inconsiderate to the people that spend years of their lives trying to make the best game possible. In a review that takes less than a few hours to write, you sabotage the Metacritic score of the game, denying the developers of the acclaim they truly deserve. And it is a well know fact that in a lot of cases, whether or not developers receive their bonus at the end of their project often relies solely on whether their game achieves a high Metacritic score, so this is far from insignificant.
Again, please refrain from searching for this review afterwards, as it only encourages this kind of poor practice.
Rant over.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (633 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11165 posts

Re: Review: 6/10

Jun 14, 2013
Odd you mention that. Not an hour ago I was admiring TLOU's Metacritic, and was curious about the lowest score. It was a rubbish review, and you're right.

No one bother with it.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 14, 2013
KILL THEM!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (621 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13343 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Heh I don't love the game either.

I'd have given it a 9 though. It's not perfect at all, but it's not terrible as a game, i suppose it does what it's supposed to do.. Just not really something I like.

I don't know where people get reviews from sometimes, as a reviewer you should be able to put your own dislike for a game aside and find the positives and negatives.

It's full of positives, as for negatives.

too hard - Some people like that so can't deduct for that

lack of aim assist - needed on a pad, deserved the 1 point deduction for that.

Aside from that theres not much I could find wrong with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (593 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

Dude,If you don't want to give this site any hits then tell us who it is and give us the big picture as to what they said, and THEN tell us not to go look for it.

You've made me so curious now, that you pretty much did the opposite of what you set out to achieve.

I'm familiar with the kinds of reviews you're talking about, but just for future reference, don't make us curious, just tell us what they said.

EDIT: Just realised that post made it sound like I didn't realise you told us who the site was. I'm aware you 've told us who it was, but I just said that for future reference. Ok, cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (420 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 14, 2013
i cant finish the game but from what i saw it was great, much better than uncharted.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (401 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Maybe they gave it a lower score because of the infamous autosave bug in SP that is affecting everyone right now...

---------------
I am real super sand legend!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Look at the games they have given a 10.

They are wankers.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 14, 2013

johngie wrote:
Odd you mention that. Not an hour ago I was admiring TLOU's Metacritic, and was curious about the lowest score. It was a rubbish review, and you're right.

No one bother with it.

Yeah the 0 score from a Bhutt Hurt player, which BTW spoils the entire game. I now know what happens at the end, althought it didn't detere me, just confirmed a theory I had.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (336 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1204 posts

Jun 14, 2013

KrackersUK wrote:
KILL THEM!!!!!

This is the ONLY sensible response!

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.