May 31 2013
By: PsiloCube Wastelander 769 posts

Reviewer states - "No option to lower violence in retail copy"

[ Edited ]
33 replies 496 views Edited May 31, 2013

A YouTube reviewer says; "Not sure if it was released just for the demos, but in the retail version of the game there are no options for lowering or setting the violence. Game options only include things like toggling hints, difficulty, etc."

Some people are going to be dissappointed, just thought I should throw this out there for anyone hoping to get rid of the gore!

sig.png

Message 1 of 34 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11466 posts

Re: Reviewer states - "No option to lower violence in retail copy"

May 31, 2013
Hmmm. Very weird...

DAY 1 PATCH CONFIRMES!!! 1!!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 34 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Why put it in the demo at all then? That's just dumb. 

But, doesn't affect me though. So I'm indifferent. 

Hopefully this guy is wrong. (Which he probably is).

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 3 of 34 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

May 31, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

A YouTube reviewer says; "Not sure if it was released just for the demos, but in the retail version of the game there are no options for lowering or setting the violence. Game options only include things like toggling hints, difficulty, etc."

Some people are going to be dissappointed, just thought I should throw this out there for anyone hoping to get rid of the gore!

If someone isn't happy about the amount of violence in the game, they should not be playing it, simple as that. This game is rated M for violence, among other things. If they don't like it, they should play something else.

Message 4 of 34 (468 Views)
Wastelander
769 posts

May 31, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

If someone isn't happy about the amount of violence in the game, they should not be playing it, simple as that. This game is rated M for violence, among other things. If they don't like it, they should play something else.

For sure.

sig.png

Message 5 of 34 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

May 31, 2013

Mysterious ND is mysterious...

Message 6 of 34 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 31, 2013
It's gonna be more realistic than another game I know..I'm sure you know whick Xbox exclusive I'm referring too LOL Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 34 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

May 31, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

For sure.

I thought you meant actual violence, not gore. Anyway, I still think people should stop complaining about things like that in video games. Gears, for example, has the option to toggle gore, but the game is made to be played with gore. Kudos to EPIC for allowing the toggle, but really, who are they trying to lure into the game, you know? I played Gears since I was 15, ad my brother since he was 10. We played with gore and strong language both on and off, but the game, like TLoU, is meant to be played with it on. Not hating on anyone or anything, just saying.

Message 8 of 34 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 31, 2013

There's no violence toggle at all, gore or blood.

sig.png

Message 9 of 34 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

May 31, 2013

I won't be lowering violence down anyways so the presence or absence of this option won't make any difference for me.

Message 10 of 34 (410 Views)