Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 04 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Host 9033 posts

Reviving in Multiplayer

8 replies 171 views Edited May 4, 2013

Should we have some sort of revive system like Gears? If you get shot in the head, you should go down instantly. I believe same thing should be the case with getting hit with melee. So, if you get shot with two pistol bullets, you go down, bleeding and crawling. You can craft a medkit to heal your self or a friend can heal you with theirs. 

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 1 of 9 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1829 posts

Re: Reviving in Multiplayer

May 4, 2013

Yeah we should. Since we don't have regenerative health.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 2 of 9 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 4, 2013

Why not combine these questions into one thread?  

And your talking MP wise right? If so, I'm sure we saw a downing mechanic in the pastebin.  

Not sure how it works though. Though if you get shot in the head, you shouldn't go down, it should be a death. Sustaining multiple body wounds should lead to a downing or losing a melee battle.  

I don't think you should be able to revive yourself. You should have to rely on teammates instead. You should only be able to postpone your death by mashing x. (Like Gears with A).

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 3 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9033 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Why not combine these questions into one thread?  

And your talking MP wise right? If so, I'm sure we saw a downing mechanic in the pastebin.  

Not sure how it works though. Though if you get shot in the head, you shouldn't go down, it should be a death. Sustaining multiple body wounds should lead to a downing or losing a melee battle.  

I don't think you should be able to revive yourself. You should have to rely on teammates instead. You should only be able to postpone your death by mashing x. (Like Gears with A).

Well, the pastebin says it very vaguely. It could be meaning just co-op. And, yeah, mashing X to postpone your death sounds better.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 4 of 9 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Reviving should indeed be circumstantial. Critical gunshot wounds should not be able to be revived, headshots and multiple torso shots for example, a rag and alcohol won't fix that. If the player loses a melee battle or gets wounded minimally then why not. It could work in the way that, you're unconscious and losing blood until a teammate fixes you up. Mashing a button when down got old with uncharted.

I'm also hoping we are able to take hostages or be taken hostage in MP by the enemy team.

Message 5 of 9 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

People should just die. Reviving is for losers who can't stay alive long enough to win because they suck.

That's why they use it for crappy XBOX GOW.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 6 of 9 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 4, 2013

I think we might be able to take hostages. Which ties into the downing system. If you get a enemy down, you should have the option to execute them or pick them up.  

I don't think mashing X would get old if you'd rather not die. I prefer mashing more than Uncharted's sit there and wait system.

Message 7 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I think we might be able to take hostages. Which ties into the downing system. If you get a enemy down, you should have the option to execute them or pick them up.  

I don't think mashing X would get old if you'd rather not die. I prefer mashing more than Uncharted's sit there and wait system.

I just think it would be better incentive to not go down in the first place if there's a chance to be knocked out and basically helpless to the infected. You'd eventually wake up, depending on how bad your wounds were. There's always the chance you could bleed out and never wake up, which is where teamwork is key. That mechanic could get extremely annoying though.

lol.

I wouldn't mind mashing, at certain times, when taken hostage in order to resist and struggle, and maybe break the hold they have on you.

Message 8 of 9 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Gears has a resist option. I keep referring to Gears only because it fits so well. As the hostage you can melee every so often and stun your captor, making him slow down and make it easier for your teammates to rescue you. This mechanic is only in one gamemode, but it could work well in TLoU's MP.  

I guess it would all depend on your condition though. If your near death you should only be able to stun the captor. But if you are in a better condition you should be able to break free from you captor.   

(When we toss all these ideas, I just wish we could be the game designers. Haha).

Message 9 of 9 (119 Views)
0 Likes