Jun 25 2013
By: feliciatham Lombax Warrior 228 posts

SCEA blocked my TLOU video on Youtube

5 replies 361 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

Is there anyway to get it back up? Is it because I didn't do any commentary? If anyone can confirm doing commentary will also get banned, I'm not gonna upload any TLOU anymore. Some of my subscribers decided to get the game after watching my playthrough. If Sony/ND doesn't want this, it's totally fine with me. I can have more free time too.

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 1 of 6 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: SCEA blocked my TLOU video on Youtube

Jun 25, 2013

Well, I've seen this game on all the major LP'ers channels so they don't care about them. Maybe it is because you didn't do commentary. Maybe to be a certified LP'er on Youtube you have to do some different paperwork or something? If not then I have no idea.

Message 2 of 6 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Apparently if you do commentary it counts as educational and therefore is allowed

Either that or they got permission from ND
Message 3 of 6 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

But there are other youtubers who doesn't do commentary like MKIceAndFire, MrRetroKid91, AlzuGaming, just to name a few right immediately when I searched "The Last of Us No Commentary".

Are you saying they got permission to do this? Sony probably won't care to permit me to do it since I'm not some big name on Youtube. I just get that they randomly target people because I'm pretty sure some of the youtube accounts got banned for uploading the game before June14 while some didn't. The world is unfair. Btw, thanks for replying to me. Smiley Happy

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 4 of 6 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I doubt it's because they got permission. Maybe they posted credit thing and you didn't?
Message 5 of 6 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

feliciatham wrote:

But there are other youtubers who doesn't do commentary like MKIceAndFire, MrRetroKid91, AlzuGaming, just to name a few right immediately when I searched "The Last of Us No Commentary".

Are you saying they got permission to do this? Sony probably won't care to permit me to do it since I'm not some big name on Youtube. I just get that they randomly target people because I'm pretty sure some of the youtube accounts got banned for uploading the game before June14 while some didn't. The world is unfair. Btw, thanks for replying to me. Smiley Happy

Those youtubers are likely with networks who will either protect them from copyright strikes or get permission for them.

Message 6 of 6 (214 Views)
0 Likes