Reply
Dec 31 2014
By: SLEAZE_IT_UP Fender Bender 3078 posts
Offline

SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

8 replies 169 views Edited Dec 31, 2013

 

Played on Survivor Difficulty.  Miraculous first attempt!  No need to be afraid of bloaters.  KILL IT WITH FIRE! 

Message 1 of 9 (169 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11218 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

Dec 31, 2013
Why aren't you playing co-...

Oh...

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 9 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/03/2013
Offline
57 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

You used 2 molotvs and almost all your flamer fuel to kill the most easily avoided bloater in the game

 

~~

Message 3 of 9 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
265 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

Jan 1, 2014
Yes this is true he did and I'll agree there were easier ways if killing him and in getting the firefly pendant, but to each their own. Thats part of the great thing about TLOU you can learn from each play through so you known whats works and what doesn't. For instance take the bloater in the winter part that falls through the roof the first time i was running around avoiding his spores the second play through I was ready had can bombs all over the floor waiting on him finished him off with one Molotov
Message 4 of 9 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/08/2013
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

Jan 1, 2014

When I played Survivor mode, the Flamethrower was not available at that point in the the game!

 

Is there something I am doing wrong? 

 

Smiley Sad

 

 

Message 5 of 9 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
3078 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
Why aren't you playing co-...

Oh...

LOL!  AK!  Replaying levels on Survivor + is about as close as one can get! 

Message 6 of 9 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
3078 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

Jan 1, 2014

racetrack9 wrote:

You used 2 molotvs and almost all your flamer fuel to kill the most easily avoided bloater in the game

 

~~


Anyone can take the cowardly route and sneak around.  When I play Suvivor I kill as many as I can.  ALL BLOATERS MUST DIE.  There's no sneaking around.  That's for the weak. 

 

The myth that you have to stealth around exclusively in this game is laughable.  Anyone with 1/2 a brain can figure out how to deal with low supplies or can open a Shiv door to get some help. 

 

You missed the point.  2 Molotovs and all of the Flamethrower?  SO WHAT?  WHO CARES?  It was about destruction, plain and simple. 

Message 7 of 9 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
3078 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

Jan 1, 2014

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:
Yes this is true he did and I'll agree there were easier ways if killing him and in getting the firefly pendant, but to each their own. Thats part of the great thing about TLOU you can learn from each play through so you known whats works and what doesn't. For instance take the bloater in the winter part that falls through the roof the first time i was running around avoiding his spores the second play through I was ready had can bombs all over the floor waiting on him finished him off with one Molotov

And that's what I do.  Try to take them on.  Fight.  No sneaking around unless I absolutely have to.  Last resort!  It's all about engaging them in several ways.  When I play a section on Survivor, a shootout or whatever, I die on purpose and replay the section over and over again trying to figure out different ways to kill and get thru.

 

It's all about engagement and getting tangled up. 

Message 8 of 9 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
3078 posts
 

Re: SLEAZEVISIONN PRESENTS: TLOU - SINGLE PLAYER - A BLOATER'S DESTRUCTION - BAKED AND BURNED

Jan 1, 2014

F4Tornado wrote:

When I played Survivor mode, the Flamethrower was not available at that point in the the game!

 

Is there something I am doing wrong? 

 

Smiley Sad

 

 


When you first get to the University it's in the Garage that also has the workbench for upgrading your weapons, long before the dorms. 

Message 9 of 9 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes