Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Re: SP DLC arrives around December/January

Sep 29, 2013

Gekidami wrote:
So when i've moved to PS4 and sold off my PS3. Yeah, thats way too late for me.

I suggest you not get a ps4 immediately anyways regardless of what happens with TLOU. Always a good idea to wait at least six months to a year to buy a new gaming system after its release. There will be a lot of bugs and not a very good library of games right when it's released.

Message 31 of 39 (361 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Sep 29, 2013
Bugs get patched quickly, if the system has critical faults it'll get replaced for free. As for games, i've already got 5 launch titles pre ordered and paid for, more than enough to hold me till more come out and thats not even taking into account the downloadable indie games that are also there from the get-go.

There is no valid reason to hold off from getting a PS4 at launch, it sucks that i wont get to play this DLC and that i've held off getting GTAV (hoping theres a port of that one, not a chance for TLOU though, imo) but thats really down to the devs. I'd expect they'll lose some sales because of this, if not from people like me who have already decided they're ditching the last gen as soon as the next hits but from people who will simply realise once they're playing on their new console that they really cant be bothered going back.
Message 32 of 39 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2013

Gekidami wrote:
Bugs get patched quickly, if the system has critical faults it'll get replaced for free. As for games, i've already got 5 launch titles pre ordered and paid for, more than enough to hold me till more come out and thats not even taking into account the downloadable indie games that are also there from the get-go.

There is no valid reason to hold off from getting a PS4 at launch, it sucks that i wont get to play this DLC and that i've held off getting GTAV (hoping theres a port of that one, not a chance for TLOU though, imo) but thats really down to the devs. I'd expect they'll lose some sales because of this, if not from people like me who have already decided they're ditching the last gen as soon as the next hits but from people who will simply realise once they're playing on their new console that they really cant be bothered going back.

Well you are definitely a lot more of a hardcore gamer than I am so good luck. I probably only bought about five or six ps3 titles in the over five years I have had it. 

Message 33 of 39 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Oct 1, 2013

This announcement has caused me to purchase the Season Pass lol.

Not only is there finally word on the SP DLC, which is what I care about the most, but I actually enjoy the MP.  Of the maps they announced, they included the one I most excited about - the Suburbs!  That was my most wanted map, and it is being released.  I had no choice but to purchase the Season Pass, because I would want to get 2/3 of the releases anyway.  I just have to hope that the third release is also interesting but if not, I won't consider it a loss.

Message 34 of 39 (282 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1253 posts

Oct 1, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

This announcement has caused me to purchase the Season Pass lol.

Not only is there finally word on the SP DLC, which is what I care about the most, but I actually enjoy the MP.  Of the maps they announced, they included the one I most excited about - the Suburbs!  That was my most wanted map, and it is being released.  I had no choice but to purchase the Season Pass, because I would want to get 2/3 of the releases anyway.  I just have to hope that the third release is also interesting but if not, I won't consider it a loss.

Not going to front.  The Suburbs was on the top of my list too and I stated that the Burbs needed to be in a map pack.  Hopefully we can creep around houses and snipe from balconies.  I will probably get suckered into the season pass even though the player pool will be diminished significantly around the time the 3rd pack drops.  Also I expect the 3rd pack to be another map pack since ND casually said that there is no Co-Op, no infected, and no new game modes coming.

Message 35 of 39 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3512 posts

Oct 1, 2013

I don't get what you guys like about the suburbs so much, it's basically the same type of environment like a lot of the maps that are in the game already, like Lakeside, Bill's Town and Checkpoint, it would just be an open environment with a bunch of houses in them again, I would prefer some creativity, High School is my favorite map, and I hope the Bookstore (I'm not sure that's the name of the map) will be similar, but I would have preferred a map in the sewers, dark corridors inside and the beach outside, that would be a new type of map, I don't see why something similar is interesting to you, but hey, to each their own Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 39 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11468 posts

Oct 2, 2013

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 37 of 39 (196 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Oct 3, 2013