Sep 27 2013
By: kleen_nexi Lombax Warrior 241 posts

SP DLC arrives around December/January

38 replies 920 views Edited Sep 27, 2013

When we initially talked about the Season Pass we mentioned making our first ever story-driven single player DLC. This is an ambitious story with strong ties into the narrative of The Last of Us. We just wrapped up a long casting process for a new character, and we’re starting our performance capture shoot next week. The single-player DLC is currently planned for release around the December-January timeframe.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/27/the-last-of-us-future-dlc-plans/

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 1 of 39 (920 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Re: SP DLC arrives around December/January

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

I'm very happy at least that they announced the details, not to mention, I'm liking it so far!

>"To make the wait a little bit easier, we’re adding bonus items to the Season Pass. We have over 60 different head items for your multiplayer character ranging from a Nightmare Mask to a Pigskin Hat that will be free for all Season Pass buyers. These head items will be available a la carte as well, but it’s a tremendous added value for all Season Pass holders."

^for MP itself, this made me the happiest most likely.

Message 2 of 39 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 27, 2013

UzaruSchutzengel wrote:

I'm very happy at least that they announced the details, not to mention, I'm liking it so far!

>"To make the wait a little bit easier, we’re adding bonus items to the Season Pass. We have over 60 different head items for your multiplayer character ranging from a Nightmare Mask to a Pigskin Hat that will be free for all Season Pass buyers. These head items will be available a la carte as well, but it’s a tremendous added value for all Season Pass holders."

^for MP itself, this made me the happiest most likely.

I'm happy about the News too. 

But for me it's aw don't know the MP Maps are nice [Coming 16th October] but new Character for the SP - DLC hope that doesn't mean there is no Joel/Ellie..

I'm ok with December/January ... 

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Message 3 of 39 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Sep 27, 2013

oh help, not hats, seriously Naughty Dog, don't make such pathetic hat items again like you did with Unchated 3, I don't want The Last of Us to become a circus too...

Message 4 of 39 (862 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Sep 27, 2013

*sipping on a glass of grape juice..* I recall debating a certain "mr. know-it-all" saying that this DLC was just already made material edited out of the game.....I guess that person must feel pretty darn stupid now.  Anyway, this is great news...it may be the story of "ISH"

Message 5 of 39 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 27, 2013

loakum wrote:

*sipping on a glass of grape juice..* I recall debating a certain "mr. know-it-all" saying that this DLC was just already made material edited out of the game.....I guess that person must feel pretty darn stupid now.  Anyway, this is great news...it may be the story of "ISH"

They said already no plans for Ish Story for this DLC.

Don't have the source yet but you can google it.

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Message 6 of 39 (853 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 27, 2013
So it seems the only thing we know for sure is:
December/January release window, and-
It will either focus on a new character or feature a new character while having strong ties to the story.

We also know that from Neil that it will feature familiar characters. Ambiguity ND, you do it so well!
Message 7 of 39 (797 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11606 posts

Sep 27, 2013

AncientAttero wrote:
It will either focus on a new character or feature a new character while having strong ties to the story.

We also know that from Neil that it will feature familiar characters. Ambiguity ND, you do it so well!

We also know that carousel image has to do with it

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 8 of 39 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 27, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

AncientAttero wrote:

We also know that carousel image has to do with it

i really like that foto

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Message 9 of 39 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

Well, there is mine

conquerator3 on September 27th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

Hi guys, I have a very simple question, as my avatar would suggest.
Will there be Ellie in any way, form or shape in the SP DLC?
Just yes or no, I don’t need any specifics here, but I figure you should know that since you are mo-capping a new character in, so you probably have the settings/timeframe at which the DLC takes place down.

Would very much appreciate your answer, as a season pass buyer.
Thank you!
Kind regards,
Luke

Eric Monacelli on September 27th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

Hey Luke. We can’t say yet but you will see some familiar faces for sure.

So... I know nothing Smiley Tongue 
Message 10 of 39 (775 Views)
0 Likes