Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 22 2013
By: blackdelage Hekseville Citizen 317 posts

(SPOILER) Joel & Ellie's journey mapped out across the US

[ Edited ]
23 replies 2388 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

mapped out 2

Taken from: http://www.reddit.com/r/thelastofus/comments/1gu3eq/that_other_map_is_incorrect_heres_joel_and_ellie...

• "854 hrs of walking. Just about 36 days"
  • Time spent stopping to eat, resting, sleep are not taken in account in those days
  • Time spent driving the car/ riding Callus are not taken in account in those days
  • Time spent sneaking/fighting the infected/military/hunters are not taken in account in those days
  • Time spent when Joel gets injured is not taken in account
  • The map is missing the stop in Wyoming, where the dam is.
  • Obviously, Joel & Ellie's journey can't really be just 36 days since we go thru different seasons throughout the game
  • Link to a larger image: http://i.imgur.com/8RZ3Ydn.png
"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 1 of 24 (2,388 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: (SPOILER) Joel & Ellie's journey mapped out across the US

Jun 22, 2013

well if your JUST walking, nothing else then yeah probably 36 days, but the had to criscross alot due to hunters, or building being collapsed, also they stayed in areas for some period of time.

Message 2 of 24 (2,301 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 22, 2013

You took the directions for driving in car and Joel and Ellie didn't drive much at all.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 3 of 24 (2,273 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 22, 2013

stentryk wrote:

You took the directions for driving in car and Joel and Ellie didn't drive much at all.

how else would the poster from reddit map it out? 

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 4 of 24 (2,256 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Realistically, it'd be a lot harder navigating 'west', scavenging, hiding, going around dangerous areas, etc.
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 5 of 24 (2,226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32659 posts

Jun 22, 2013

TJByrum wrote:
Realistically, it'd be a lot harder navigating 'west', scavenging, hiding, going around dangerous areas, etc.

not to mention that things like highways, bridges and tunnels that we use nowdays may or may not exist anymore, just like we have seen in the game.

Message 6 of 24 (2,168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I had the idea that around 18-20 months elapsed from the time they left the safe zone in Boston to the time they arrived back at Tommy's in Wyoming after leaving Salt Lake City.

Obviously Joel won't change much since he is a fully grown man in his late 40s or early-mid 50s, but Ellie is probably around 16 by the time the game ends and she looks the same as she did when the game began.

Joel commented he was "kind of young" when his daughter was born, which would suggest he might have been 16-20 years old at the time, so when she was 10 in 2013, Joel was probably no older than 30, maybe closer to 28 or even 27, which would make him around 47-50 as of 2033 when things start in Boston.

He won't look much different after 18-20 months, but Ellie should probably look less like a child and more like a young woman.

Fifty-four Forty or Fight!!!!!
Message 7 of 24 (2,149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32659 posts

Jun 22, 2013

FiftyFourForty wrote:

I had the idea that around 18-20 months elapsed from the time they left the safe zone in Boston to the time they arrived back at Tommy's in Wyoming after leaving Salt Lake City.

Obviously Joel won't change much since he is a fully grown man in his late 40s or early-mid 50s, but Ellie is probably around 16 by the time the game ends and she looks the same as she did when the game began.

Joel commented he was "kind of young" when his daughter was born, which would suggest he might have been 16-20 years old at the time, so when she was 10 in 2013, Joel was probably no older than 30, maybe closer to 28 or even 27, which would make him around 47-50 as of 2033 when things start in Boston.

He won't look much different after 18-20 months, but Ellie should probably look less like a child and more like a young woman.

if im not mistaken, the game went from Winter, Spring, Summer, Winter back to Spring, thats only a little over a year, around 14 months.

Ellie said she was 14 years old when they met up with Henry and Sam. so at the most she would be 15 by the end of the game.

Message 8 of 24 (2,139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 22, 2013
There is a lot of space between C and D...

I know what you did...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 9 of 24 (2,107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Wish we'd seen Los Angeles or Washington ...

Message 10 of 24 (2,083 Views)
0 Likes