Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Re: STOP SAYING THAT ELLIE WOULD HAVE ...

Jun 29, 2013

EGG WHITES

Message 21 of 119 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 29, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

*SPOILERS*

Ummm...she would have sacrificed herself. The whole point of bringing up her friend Riley, Tess and Sam was her way of showing survivor's guilt. And she's been waiting her 'turn' to die since Riley did. The only thing is, her turn had a chance to produce a cure -- something she wouldn't have passed on at that point. Now, going in, no, she didn't know she'd die. That was made obvious after all her comments on what'd they'd do after their journey was over.

Now, tell me this, if you believe so strongly she wouldn't have sacrificed herself, how come Joel, the character who knows Ellie more than any of us, believe she would have? So much so that he lied to the one person he had left?

She most definitely would NOT have sacrificed herself. She clearly mentioned things she wanted to do after they would've been done with the fireflies. Also just look at the OP.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 22 of 119 (324 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 29, 2013
@Eskiya02 Anytime bro Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 119 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

Jun 29, 2013

btw i m eskiya02 to avoid any confussions, i answered likerain's questions from my other psn account. anyway lets continue the discussion Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 119 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jun 29, 2013

I think we chased away that chicken nugget who thought ellie wanted to go all marylin manson and off herself. Also can carbs get you lean? Complex and simple carbs it doenst matter im just curious......ly cinnamon?

Message 25 of 119 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Going in, Ellie didn't think she would die.

Above is the reason she mentioned things they'd do after their journey was over. But she would have chosen to if she had known.

Now, ask yourself this question, why did Ellie bring up her friend Riley, Sam and Tess at the end? Why did Joel lie to her? If you can answer those questions with valid points, then we have a debate.

^ Also, I don't run from debates.

Photobucket
Message 26 of 119 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Re: ***SPOILERS *** STOP SAYING THAT ELLIE WOULD HAVE ...

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013
@LikeRA1N.

I think the main reason Joel lied to her was because he killed Marlene and half of the fireflies, Who Ellie trusted most, If Ellie wanted to die I think she would have wanted to go back to the hospital where Marlene was to say "hi" after she woke up but instead she just chose to stay with Joel. Why would she want to stay with someone who she has only known for a year then with someone she has known since she was little? Simple, because she knew Joel cared about her more and that something had happened with Marlene.
Message 27 of 119 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Ok Reasons for Joel lying:

1.  He got put on the spot (logical)

2. He doesnt think rationally (he is a mass murderer, also logical)

3. He doesnt want to risk losing another loved one (not in the pervy way... Smiley Wink

4. He doesnt want her finding out about Meredith (think thats her name)

5. Doesnt want to make Ellie any more Guilty (she did just basically try to get sympathy and reasurance from Joel by stating the other people who died)

5 Valid reasons counter argue them, I dare you.

Why Ellie brought her friends up:

1. She felt guilty (she is **bleep** 14 and been through **bleep**ed up **bleep** and seen lots of her loved ones die she wanted sympathy for god sake are you blind?)

2. Questioning why is she so lucky. Why should she survive and they shouldnt (plain ol' guilt).

Now i will only ask for you to answer ONE question.

1. You share the same belief with us that she knows Joel lied. Well why the **bleep** doesnt she just go back on her own? Shes ran away before......

Interested in seeing your reply bro.

EDIT: Thought off another funny question for you to answer.

2. Why would Ellie want to save the world? Shes lost her parents and friends why would she want to save everyone else who is out to kill her (and probably killed half of her loved ones), Why would she sacrifice herself for a world that has done nothing but destroy her life? That bro DOES NOT suit the tone of the game. You want a righteous character go play Superman 64 (good luck with that mess)

Message 28 of 119 (285 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Re: ***SPOILERS *** STOP SAYING THAT ELLIE WOULD HAVE ...

Jun 29, 2013

Finally someone who gets it...

Message 29 of 119 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 29, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

Going in, Ellie didn't think she would die.

Above is the reason she mentioned things they'd do after their journey was over. But she would have chosen to if she had known.

Now, ask yourself this question, why did Ellie bring up her friend Riley, Sam and Tess at the end? Why did Joel lie to her? If you can answer those questions with valid points, then we have a debate.

^ Also, I don't run from debates.

http://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-climactic-moments-could-have-been-very-600685013

Ellie knows that Joel is lying. And she gives Joel the chance to be honest with her by asking if what he told is true. Joel lies to her again and she accepts that, because she wants to be with Joel, not die.

As Neil Druckmann says in the article:  "She had such a good **bleep** detector that it didn't feel like she would buy it. Or at least not buy it so easily. And then the scene kind of grew out of that, that there would be a kind of final challenge."

Joel probably lied to her because he doesn't want to risk loosing her. He's probably afraid that she might give herself over, even though she wouldn't. It is also more sympathetic to tell her that, than "Yea they were gonna remove your brain, so I killed them all and brought you with me."

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 30 of 119 (267 Views)