Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: ***SPOILERS *** STOP SAYING THAT ELLIE WOULD HAVE ...

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

EndureNSurvive

Before being so mean just read again what i said. I said that she sees throught Joels lie (because she has bs detector-which article i read before you posted it and had the same opinion even before i read it) BUT she trusts him and accepts it. So please stop being mean we are saying the same thing. And yes i read all the previous comments before i posted but i can still express my opinion, in full, so instead of writing one little thing and writing again afterwards, i just said it all.

EDIT: Btw that's all you took from what i said? I have given evidence and valid points of argument for what is everybody saying, or not, because everybody here is just expressing opinions only. I used facts-the exact words that the characters said in both comics and game and just connected the lines. Especially my point with Riley which i noticed no one else thought of in any forum. The comics give background story to what drives Ellie later in the game. Which is what our argument is about guys! Her decision in the end, origins from her beginning.

I just want to know if these points appear to everyone else too and what they think about them...

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 61 of 119 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Ellie suspected that might die. She was being prepared for this , we can notice it by her behavior in the spring.

Message 62 of 119 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Re: STOP SAYING THAT ELLIE WOULD HAVE ...

Jun 29, 2013

Nearly all of the people Joel and Ellie meet have a dark side, a part of themselves that embodies selfishness.  Bill, Henry, David, Tommy & his wife, even Tess.  I can't help but think Joel realizes we aren't worth saving.  Hard to tell what Ellie would do, and I think that open-endedness is why it works.

Message 63 of 119 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Who thinks the moon landing was a fake? That would be funny if we completely derail this topic and have a discussion about something else.

Nah seriously to the guy (forgot his name but anyway Poopymcboogerface lets call him) that keeps saying 'Oh I cant have an intellectual conversation with you or anyone who disagrees with my opinionated facts that clearly show Ellies one weakness is kryptonite and Joel's lies. Dude **bleep** you get off your high horse and either atleast debate all the points or dont debate at all, dont just select the points that are easy to argue and dismiss the one that turn your pants (underwear if American) from white to brown.

Moral of this WHOLE **bleep** topic is: Ellie would NOT have killed herself.

2 MAIN reasons that **bleep** on all the disbelievers:

1. Why would she sacrifice herself for a world that has done nothing but bring her pain and take away her loved ones. (Defeats the whole **bleep** tone of this game, there not saviors or heroes there just **bleep** survivers)

2. If she knows Joel is bout dat BS WHY DOES SHE NOT SAY F YOU JOEL AND F TOMMYS CAMP IM GOIN TO FOLLOW MA DESTINY.

Now two main reasons joel lied:

1. Hes irrational so he didnt want ANY CHANCE of losing the last thing on earth that he cares about.

2. THERE SETTING THIS GAME UP FOR A SEQUEL FFS,

Now about that Moon landing thoughts?

Also stop with the BIG **bleep** long posts that basically state opinions and facts... That have already been mentioned.

Message 64 of 119 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I think the moon landing was real. If it wasnt it looks like I have to quit the Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin fanclub Smiley Sad
Message 65 of 119 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 29, 2013

I think a lot of you guys are forgetting, that this game throws a lot of it's key plot points up in the air. It's up to you to interpret. It's kind of like the debate we had about whether or not there were others who were immune, when in the game this wasn't actually confirmed but rather left at a cliffhanger, leaving us to interpret it different ways. And that's totally cool. There's some hate in this thread that is totally unjustified.

Message 66 of 119 (362 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Soufdawg wrote:

1. Why would she sacrifice herself for a world that has done nothing but bring her pain and take away her loved ones. (Defeats the whole **bleep** tone of this game, there not saviors or heroes there just **bleep** survivers)

2. If she knows Joel is bout dat BS WHY DOES SHE NOT SAY F YOU JOEL AND F TOMMYS CAMP IM GOIN TO FOLLOW MA DESTINY.

1. That's maybe the view Joel would have but definitely not Ellie. She has survivors guilt and what hurts her more than anything is that people around her die while she gets to stay alive as the only one. That's why she keeps saying her greatest fear is ending up alone. Another of her famous quotes is: "After all we've been through.. it can't be for nothing."

And if Marlene had talked her into it I could see Ellie agreeing with it but of course we don't know 100% for sure.

2. What kind of logic is that? Just because someone lies to you instantly leave him? Where is she even supposed to go?

No matter what she thought about the journey of finding the cure, she still cares about Joel.

Message 67 of 119 (355 Views)
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I agree with dh0rmazine. All joking aside, I havent thrown down my opinion yet because I don't want to get slaughtered by everyone.

This debate has really boiled down to challenging others to come up with a better answer and a lot of funny censoring, BLEEPS EVERYWHERE

I honestly feel that this will go in circles because nothing is confirmed. Everything here is interpretations and opinions, and without any true facts nobody will be able to change anyone else's opinion.

Also Buzz is my hero for being second
Message 68 of 119 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

"1. That's maybe the view Joel would have but definitely not Ellie. She has survivors guilt and what hurts her more than anything is that people around her die while she gets to stay alive as the only one. That's why she keeps saying her greatest fear is ending up alone. Another of her famous quotes is: "After all we've been through.. it can't be for nothing."

And if Marlene had talked her into it I could see Ellie agreeing with it but of course we don't know 100% for sure.

2. What kind of logic is that? Just because someone lies to you instantly leave him? Where is she even supposed to go?

No matter what she thought about the journey of finding the cure, she still cares about Joel."

Lol good stuff if it made sense.

1. How do you know Ellie does not feel that way? Are you Ellie? Are you insinuating that she (or you)  is incredibly stupid? She has lost her mum, her friends, Tess and Sam to a world of pricks, been shot at, hit over the head with a **bleep** pole, almost got chopped up and raped yet she will still sympathize with the scum of the earth? You seriously do not think that goes against the tone of the game? The fact that they are survivers and not superheroes/jesus who want to help lowlife scum?

2. What kind of logic is that? Are you serious? I think if someone was really that passionate of saving the world one simple lie isnt going to take away that passion. Also lol at where is she going to go. Haha she previously ran away because of an argument and ended up at a cabin. If she doesnt run away because she 'doesnt know where to go' thats suggesting she is not that passionate about her 'destiny' of offing herself.

Message 69 of 119 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Might have posted on this thread earlier, but never mind, I'll do so again. Smiley Happy

Well, she might have sacrificed herself in order to protect the last thing that mattered to her, as in Joel. You could tell it that when Ellie said

Spoiler
in the ranch that: "Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me. Everyone-- **bleep** except for you! So don't tell me I'd besafer with someone else, because I'd just be more scared."

But that's unlikely in my opinion, she'd probably wanted to live with Joel anyway. Maybe an optional conversation slightly puts it more... emotional? I don't really know a word for it, but anyway, Ellie says:

Spoiler
"Sarcasm... that's progress."

Possibly meaning she intended to be with Joel if he started to be a better person to her. Again, that is just my opinion and no one should care about it that much if they disagree.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 70 of 119 (317 Views)
0 Likes