Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: STOP SAYING THAT ELLIE WOULD HAVE ...

Jun 29, 2013

Soufdawg wrote:

"1. That's maybe the view Joel would have but definitely not Ellie. She has survivors guilt and what hurts her more than anything is that people around her die while she gets to stay alive as the only one. That's why she keeps saying her greatest fear is ending up alone. Another of her famous quotes is: "After all we've been through.. it can't be for nothing."

And if Marlene had talked her into it I could see Ellie agreeing with it but of course we don't know 100% for sure.

2. What kind of logic is that? Just because someone lies to you instantly leave him? Where is she even supposed to go?

No matter what she thought about the journey of finding the cure, she still cares about Joel."

Lol good stuff if it made sense.

1. How do you know Ellie does not feel that way? Are you Ellie? Are you insinuating that she (or you)  is incredibly stupid? She has lost her mum, her friends, Tess and Sam to a world of pricks, been shot at, hit over the head with a **bleep** pole, almost got chopped up and raped yet she will still sympathize with the scum of the earth? You seriously do not think that goes against the tone of the game? The fact that they are survivers and not superheroes/jesus who want to help lowlife scum?

2. What kind of logic is that? Are you serious? I think if someone was really that passionate of saving the world one simple lie isnt going to take away that passion. Also lol at where is she going to go. Haha she previously ran away because of an argument and ended up at a cabin. If she doesnt run away because she 'doesnt know where to go' thats suggesting she is not that passionate about her 'destiny' of offing herself.

1. It was implied several times in the course of the game.

And obviously she doesn't want to save the scum but rather the people she cares for. If she didn't care about the vaccine why did she go on the journey in the first place and didn't just  stay with Joel at Tommy's?

2. The first time she ran away because Joel wanted to leave her. But here it wouldn't make sense because she is trading the one motivation (saving mankind) with the other one (staying with Joel).

I'm not saying it's clear but if you really say that Ellie with a 100% certainty would not have sacrificed herself then I believe you didn't really understand the story. She would have at least considered it. Talking about how she doesn't care about the scum of the world doesn't really fit her character.

Message 71 of 119 (234 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

It was implied that she does not hate the scum of the earth? What do you mean? Tell me the parts it was implied rather than just simply saying 'It was implied'. What do you mean doing it for the people she cares for? Joel? thats about it everyone else has died. Also why did she go on the journey? Well 2 reasons.

1. To make this **bleep** game.

2. You know zombies and **bleep**? So she can sleep at night without fear of invasion? Logical right? Nowhere in this 'journey' was a f*cking brain removal operation mentioned......

Also 100%? Did i say i was 100% sure? Im just saying people are reading too much into this game and too much into the story. Just like every movie/game/book people ALWAYS try and get more meaning because whenever you finish a good thing you dont want to forget about it which then leads to speculation threads like these.

Also i find it funny that you think it makes more sense to run away because of something as petty as Joel wanting to leave her rather than her supposed 'passion' of finding this cure and potentially sacrificing herself. I think it is you my friend who does not understand this game or rather 'thinks he understands it abit too much'.

Message 72 of 119 (223 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Ellie didn't know it would all end up with her dying, Marlene says to Joel "it's what she would have wanted" not "it's what she wants" also Marlene goes on to say, when Joel has her in his arms "she won't know a thing"

Joel made the right call, he was Ellies guardian, and humanity didn't deserve Ellies sacrifice, even if the 14 year old "wanted to do the right thing"

After losing Sarah, Joel was not going to lose another person he has learned to love (in a fatherly way) and at the finale, she feels she needs to exorcise herself from blame, she needs to have resolve to the unanswered question, was it all worth it?

Ellie: Swear to me that everything you said about the Fireflies was true!

Joel: I swear!

Ellie: Okay!

one of the best games ever made, and worth the price of a PS3 just to play this one game.

effyou
Message 73 of 119 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Congrats Jojimbo you have stated what me and others have posted multiple times on this 8 page thread Smiley Wink

Message 74 of 119 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Can I has a Trophy ? Smiley LOL

effyou
Message 75 of 119 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Depends Jimbo, do you believe the moon landing was fake?

Also talking about how she hates the scum of the earth doesnt fit into her character? Lol? A 14 year old girl who gets annoyed when Joel tells her to 'stay back' and says '**bleep** that guy whenever Joel messes a hunter up'. What game were you playing? (directed at  Vranklin)

Bottom line I think people are expecting abit much from this potty mouth teenage Ellen Page.

Message 76 of 119 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Soufdawg wrote:

It was implied that she does not hate the scum of the earth? What do you mean? Tell me the parts it was implied rather than just simply saying 'It was implied'. What do you mean doing it for the people she cares for? Joel? thats about it everyone else has died. Also why did she go on the journey? Well 2 reasons.

1. To make this **bleep** game.

2. You know zombies and **bleep**? So she can sleep at night without fear of invasion? Logical right? Nowhere in this 'journey' was a f*cking brain removal operation mentioned......

Also 100%? Did i say i was 100% sure? Im just saying people are reading too much into this game and too much into the story. Just like every movie/game/book people ALWAYS try and get more meaning because whenever you finish a good thing you dont want to forget about it which then leads to speculation threads like these.

Also i find it funny that you think it makes more sense to run away because of something as petty as Joel wanting to leave her rather than her supposed 'passion' of finding this cure and potentially sacrificing herself. I think it is you my friend who does not understand this game or rather 'thinks he understands it abit too much'.

For example Tess, Henry and Sam. She really tries to befriend them and wants to talk about them when they die.

1. That's not a valid point.

2. Isn't neither.

"Also 100%? Did i say i was 100% sure? Im just saying people are reading too much into this game and too much into the story. Just like every movie/game/book people ALWAYS try and get more meaning because whenever you finish a good thing you dont want to forget about it which then leads to speculation threads like these."

lmao you are the one who says it's 100% certain that she would never have sacrificed herself. I'm not even saying that she definitely would have but the reasons you give are pretty bad.

Btw: your constant swearing makes you look like a complete moron, just saying.

Message 77 of 119 (184 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Number one was a logical answer.

However explain how number 2 wasnt? You seem to be dismissing claims and simply saying

"Its not"

or

"It was implied"

With no examples. Which makes you look like a fool/bafoon/moron/turdsplash

Also i said its 100% certain? Ok quote me. Dont say:

"It was implied"

Also tell me WHY my reasons are bad? Tell me why dont just say they are explain it to me so I can furthur better myself and understand this story because clearly you understand it alot more than me..... (sarcasm for the retarded)

Come at me

EDIT: Also have you read my previous points? The ones im writing now are pretty much summarys of them because I do not like repeating myself for people who join mid discussion like you and dont bother reading what has already been said.

Also tell me why swearing makes me look like a complete and utter **bleep** moron? We are adults here (I hope) so we can swear if we wish? Its pretty much bleeped anyway for sensitive sissies like you who find it 'inappropriate' online.

Message 78 of 119 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Vranklin I agree with your points and not Soufdawg

Soufdawg your logic doesn't stand whether what you say it's true or not.

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 79 of 119 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

What points has Vranklin made? Please you two (and that other Mcboogerface from earlier) seem to be the ONLY ones who believe she woulda sacrificed herself. Explain to me WHY my points are wrong rather than just saying they are because for people reading im pretty sure they would like to know WHY you disagree rather than just disagreeing for the sake of it Smiley Happy

Come at me

Know what here are my questions (feel free to offer me any in return and I shall answer)

1. Why doesnt Ellie leave Joel if she is so passionate about getting a cure (she clearly knows hes BS'ing)

2. Why WOULD Ellie Sacrifice herself for a world that has done nothing but bring her pain?

3. HOW does a 14 year old potty mouthed teenager who gets annoyed when Joel tells her to stay back (so she doesnt kill people) want to sacrifice her self for the good of mankind? She hasnt seen ANY good in the human race because she was born into this **bleep**ed up world.

Answer those 3 and I will acknowledge a real debate otherwise leave it.

Message 80 of 119 (166 Views)
0 Likes