Hate to break the bad news but, as of two weeks ago with the most recent Q+A session, ND hasn't even started on the dlc.
They promised 3 packages of dlc:
1. More MP Maps - This will most likely be the 1st piece of dlc. Earliest we'll see it is probably August.
2. New MP Content - It'll probably be some type of Coop Horde Mode but, I wouldn't be surprised if it contained some kind of PvP objective mode. Earliest release date is probably September.
3. SP DLC - Probaly will be the highlight of the dlc packages. Seeing as how it'll probably be the most time-consuming to make, it'll probably be the last dlc released. Earliest we'll see it is October or maybe even November/December.
On the bright side ND is still very open to idea's for the dlc.
We don't have official word on a timeline or the sequence the DLCs will release.
But my guess would be MP DLC first, hopefully adding a new game mode including the infected in all varieties.
Co-op DLC second, assuming it's a mini-series of short campaigns but unsure if it's up to four player or two player only. Also assuming it will be online only although it would be great if you can play it offline with SS. Ideally it would have both so you can go online with a guest.... hopefully, we'll see.
SP DLC last as it should be obvious that this one is going to take the most time to craft (as it should be). I'm not expecting this DLC until christimas.
OOPS, just noticed cdub's post practically saying everything I said word for word so yeah, great minds.
We know the DLC will contain:
- Multiplayer maps
- SP DLC story not pertaining to Joel and Ellie's story
- Co-OP. Whether this contains the infected, we do not know
Where did you know that? Can you link it? Please.