Jun 28 2013
By: TJByrum Hekseville Citizen 359 posts

Selling Point for You (Why Did You Buy the Game?)

49 replies 1677 views Edited Jun 28, 2013

There was only one reason I bought TLOU, and I was wondering what made you guys buy the game and whether or not that 'selling point' will affect whether you buy future TLOU games.

I don't care much for zombies* (read the '*' at the bottom before raging), nor do I care much for post-apocalyptic settings or whatever.  That said, I actually wasn't going to buy this game.  To me it just looked like another every-day generic shooter game with zombies (again, read the note at the bottom).  But then... then I saw Ellie.

Yes, Ellie was the only reason I bought TLOU.  I saw her and instantly knew this game must have some ssort of interesting and emotional attachment to it, so I got it.  That said, the choice of me buying any sequels/prequels in the future rely entirely on whether Ellie is in the game or not, and seeing that ND is a great developer I know they won't replace her.

*I know the Infected are not zombies.  I know the Infected are infected with cordyceps [insert long latin word here].  I know this fungi is real and affects ants and other insects.  I know zombies are undead and Infected are still alive.  Only reason I referred to them as zombies was because when I saw the trailers I assumed they were zombies, and I went on the fact that 'zombies are in this game'.  Ciao.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 1 of 50 (1,677 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9417 posts

Re: Selling Point for You (Why Did You Buy the Game?)

Jun 28, 2013
Naughty Dog

Message 2 of 50 (1,464 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4473 posts

Jun 28, 2013

I actually wasn't even going to bother with the game in the first place. I just had my eyes set until GTA V came out as in buying a new game for myself. Once in a while I use Redbox to rent movies and surprisingly they had TLoU (Campaign only) and thought I'd try it out. After renting it for 3 days and playing it off and on I just fell in love with the emotions between Joel and Ellie. Finally I just went to the store and bought the game.

YB

Message 3 of 50 (1,459 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Akeyemeni, I'm not going to criticize that lol. I've seriously bought games and ignored others simply by looking at the developers. Rockstar,, Ubisoft, and ND are my big three.

Bookepride, that's similar to me. I only got it for Ellie.

I figured some people just liked the infected and/or setting.
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 4 of 50 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Jun 28, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
Naughty Dog

^^^^

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 5 of 50 (1,291 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Naughty Dog. And because I like Post-Apocolyptic games.

Message 6 of 50 (1,249 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 28, 2013
I was not impressed by the first VGA trailer and I have to say that I was not happy initially where ND was going, from Uncharted to The Last of Us.

Then I saw the E3 trailer and was fairly impressed. More gameplay demos later I started to get into it, and when the reviews came in I was solidified at "I NEED to get this game."

So I bought it for the AI and gameplay
Stayed for the above two plus an extremely engaging story and setting
Message 7 of 50 (1,220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Jun 28, 2013
The naughty dog logo
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 8 of 50 (1,088 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

It's a survival-action game with tense gameplay, great visuals, and interesting characters made by Naughty Dog, the same guys who made this. 

Uncharted 2 updated PS3 logo.jpg

Then again I expected a game with no glitches that make the the game impossible to progress through (**bleep** ladder that won't spawn) but sometimes you don't get what you want. But hey, what I can play is good, no make that great.

Message 9 of 50 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jun 28, 2013
I didn't. I downloaded it for free. #GameShare
Message 10 of 50 (797 Views)
0 Likes