Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: Selling Point for You (Why Did You Buy the Game?)

Jun 28, 2013

I wasn't actually gonna buy it, I wasn't really interested in it when I saw the first footages. The reason is that I usually am only interested in Gameplay and not so much in cinematic experiences. Also I don't like games where you constantly have an annoying AI partner running around. But I had some freetime and TLOU just came out and everyone praised it. So I thought: Alright whatever, let's just buy it.

After beating the game I came to the conclusion that it is my favorite game of all time.

Message 21 of 50 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Jun 28, 2013

The second I saw the very first trailer I knew it would be a day one. I don't know why but it just appealed to me. I'm a massive zombie game/survival horror fan and with the resident evil franchise in the toilet and not much else on the horizon I knew it was for me (not that it fits into either one of those catagories).

Then seeing the ND logo clinched it. Pre ordered as soon as I could. Best decision this gen.

Message 22 of 50 (216 Views)
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 28, 2013

I had only seen trailers, and I didn't even really care about The Last of Us. But then I decided to get it just because a friend told it was splendid. Which it was... or is.

Only thing though... if it ever receives a sequel with new characters, it will be extremely hard to adapt to such situation, because you've grown to get used to or like Joel and Ellie already.

I personally believe I might not buy it instantly/even later if it comes to that it has new characters... ND should use Joel and Ellie again in a sequel. Possible sequel.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 23 of 50 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 28, 2013

When I caught that reveal trailer I was hooked. Everything appealed to me and it only got better the more info ND released. I think specifically it must have been the characters and their acting out by Troy and Ashley. The pairing was unusual and I wanted to know more about their lives and why they were together. Everything else was icing on the top.

Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 28, 2013

SupremeNinja21 wrote:
I didn't. I downloaded it for free. #GameShare

And in another thread you state that you bought it, got mad at the multiplayer and returned it to EB Games for a full $100 refund.

#KeepYourLiesStraightDoucheBag

sig.png

Message 25 of 50 (183 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Jun 28, 2013

i knew i wanted, no needed, to have this game ever since i saw the first trailers in like may or earlier.

i think it was the 15 min demo that made me have to get.

the video where they cut through the hotel and at the end joel straight blows that dudes face off with the shotgun.

i thought"OMFG this game looks AMAZAZING"

ever since i had seen that i was waiting for it one, agonizingly slow, day at a time.

woke up friday i think it was when it came up, crawled out of bed and made my older sister take me there to drop 65 and GET THAT SH*T.

BEEN LOVIN' IT EVER SINCE

ps i working my way through on survival+ now.

the first playthrough on survival, jumping from normal before, was so0oOo hard. but now im going to get through it without **bleep** up a single encounter

http://img.ledanji.com/other/gossip/201303/17/gossip_20130317095009340160.jpg
Message 26 of 50 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

I second that. I also knew it was going to be great, since I had it pre-ordered for almost two years.

AKyemeni wrote:
Naughty Dog

Message 27 of 50 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Jun 28, 2013

End of the world + survival horror = my favorite genre.  Plus, Naughty Dog makes really well-designed games.

Message 28 of 50 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

I was never going to buy the game. My brow in law said he was going to get it off the ps store so I just downloaded it off him. I was never a naughty dog fan boy. infact I own all 3 uncharted games but I have only played part 3 and didn't even beat it. IM not a fan of those kinds of games so I found them to be boring in my opinion. When I played the last of us it turned out it was better then I thought it would be. Definatly a 10/10 when it comes to story. The MP is like an 8/10 for me. Not that it was bad, it was actually real good but it lacks of something. More maps and game modes. Its not a rushed MP but more of a test to see if players will even like the MP. 

2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Message 29 of 50 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19746 posts

Jun 28, 2013
I bought the game for the Naughty Dog stickers included with the game. Smiley Tongue
Message 30 of 50 (137 Views)