Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 26 2013
By: Yourhideout First Son 21 posts

Sequel for TLoU *spoiler*

7 replies 310 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

So, I think all of us can agree when I say that Joel and Ellie is what make this game so special. TLoU wouldn't be as good without them. I finished the game 5 days ago and I'm still crying and I'm still really freaking depressed. I'm scared that this will be the only TLoU game and that I won't be able to play as Joel and Ellie again. Especially Ellie since she is mostly the core in TLoU story.

Never thought I could be that amazed by an 14 yearold and I've never grown so attached to two characters before.

For the story, there's so much more ND can do. Ellie is still Immune, Joel killed the fireflies leader and "took" the cure (vaccine) away from them - they won't forget that. Also there's still runners, stalkers, Clickers, bloaters and Joel lied to Ellie. Don't forget that ND are the game developers and not us, who knows if they aren't having some thoughts or ideas already if there ever would be a sequel. Something scribbled down just in case?

The ending was very powerful but quite unsatisfying and it didn't feel like a complete ending to their entire story, not after all the trust, caring and love these two have built throughout the game. It would suck if it all ended with a lie like that.

Simply put : Amazing ending to an amazing game - but not an amazing ending to complete the story. 

Message 1 of 8 (310 Views)
Sackboy
428 posts

Re: Sequel for TLoU *spoiler*

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Facepalm_jesusfacepalmfacepalm.jpg

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 2 of 8 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

What is your deal with that picture? You can stop now, it's not even funny. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 3 of 8 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

Cimbom19855 wrote:

What is your deal with that picture? You can stop now, it's not even funny. 

273_double_facepalm.jpg

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 4 of 8 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 26, 2013
can you please motivate your opinion further? I don't find this as a sustainable argument.
Message 5 of 8 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

There is alot of story to come from TLOU. They could go I any direction…

- They made it to Tommys camp. The Only camp outside the Cities with electricity and other luxury so its a big target for Hunters aswell as vengeful Fireflies.

- Joels story. About how he and his brother survived those first years. Joels anger and loss of his daughter would have taken him to the edge amidst the chaos of the outbreak. Would also love to see how he met Tess. But I think thats more of a Comic book story line.

- Ellie won’t be fourteen forever. The next game could be about her and her family. Unfortunately this idea wouldnt leave much for Joel so he would probably be killed off pretty quickly.

- And of course my fave idea for a game is how Nathan Drake finds a rare and valuable plant in the Amazon rain forest and unwittingly causes the Cordyceps outbreak leading to The Last of Us :-)

But to be honest I do think it was meant to be a standalone game. Any continuation would be in comic form.

I Hope im wrong though.

P.S Check out my CLICKER Cosplay: http://jwbeyond.deviantart.com/gallery/44285381

Message 6 of 8 (246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I think ND could do another successful game if they gave it time and developed the story further, but It's still the best game I've ever played even if it would be a standalone.
Message 7 of 8 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I hope they make another The Last of Us. It was the best single player that I've ever played. I couldn't put my controller down at all

Message 8 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes