Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 12 2014
By: tollett Uncharted Territory 1389 posts

Sequel thoughts: Ellie's immunity

5 replies 183 views Edited May 12, 2014

I've read a lot of threads that make predictions about the direction of the sequel and have a few thoughts.  First, I believe that Naughty Dog can tell another great story in that same universe without Joel and Ellie. 

There must be other people who are immune.  I know that Ellie is presented as the only one, but everyone lives in a world with basically no communication with other towns.  Maybe Joel wasn't really lying when he told Ellie she wasn't the only immune person.

Even if she is the only immune, there are at least two other people who know it.  Tommy was a Firefly.  How do you think he reacted when Joel and Ellie showed back up? If the sequel does star Joel and Ellie, I can see a couple of scenarios playing out.

Ellie finds out Joel lied to her, leaves on her own (or with Tommy). The Knife in the Window is her message to Joel...

Tommy takes Ellie against her will, Joel pursues...

Thoughts?

XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP, according to Netflix.
Message 1 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Re: Sequel thoughts: Ellie's immunity

May 12, 2014

Play the game again and listen to Marlene's recordings

Message 2 of 6 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

May 12, 2014

The title has some spoilers for those who haven't played the game yet.....

young beard signature
Message 3 of 6 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

May 12, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

If you haven't played a game and you jump into its specific forum you deserve to have it spoiled

Heck, if you go on the interweb and have something spoiled you didn't want to, it's on you

Message 4 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

May 12, 2014

Beheshti wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

If you haven't played a game and you jump into its specific forum you deserve to have it spoiled

Heck, if you go on the interweb and have something spoiled you didn't want to, it's on you

Dude, I already played the game. I'm talking about OTHER people who haven't played the game. Let's say they wanted to ask a question on the forums and they come here. The first thing they'll see is "Ellie's immunity".. Also keep in mind that people who haven't played the game are planning on playing the REMASTERED edition. So yes, they'll also come here to ask questions regarding that as well......

young beard signature
Message 5 of 6 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 13, 2014
I take it I'm not the only person who noticed those recordings heavily implied they had found other immune people as well. The part that got me thinking is where Marlene seemed to be holding onto the hope that curing the infection would make everything go back to the way it was. She seems to completely overlook the fact that there would still be a mess of infected attacking every thing on site, as well as the bottom feeders of humanity clinging to the out skirts of settlements and taking advantage of the anarchy. Granted the view we got of the over all world was limited to two people, but it seems like several years have gone by since the outbreak, and mankind has since adapted to survive world 2.0
Message 6 of 6 (116 Views)
0 Likes