Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 03 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

Set pieces?

8 replies 221 views Edited Jun 3, 2013
I know the general consensus about set pieces is negative but I love them, especially the good ones.

Do you think TLOU will have set piece moments? I doubt anything would be as bombastic as Uncharted but what about moment scripted to be extra tense or dramatic?

Like maybe having to flee infected in a mob of people as chaos erupts around you? Or maybe be captured by hunters and then having to escape with hands tied...and then infected attack?

Or maybe a part where you to play as Ellie and save Joel, to show how she had matured to this dangerous world?

Stuff like that
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Set pieces?

Jun 3, 2013

Well, there are things like this (E3 extended demo spoilers) and this (Lincoln demo spoilers) that are reminiscent of Uncharted set pieces.

I don't think we'll me falling out of any airplanes, but I expect there to be more than a few moments like those above. Those are quite minor compared to Uncharted though.

And I'd rather not play as Ellie at all (save for MP perhaps). It'd break the immersion for me to play as someone other than Joel.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1635 posts

Jun 3, 2013

MrZoobat wrote:

Well, there are things like this (E3 extended demo spoilers) and this (Lincoln demo spoilers) that are reminiscent of Uncharted set pieces.

I don't think we'll me falling out of any airplanes, but I expect there to be more than a few moments like those above. Those are quite minor compared to Uncharted though.

And I'd rather not play as Ellie at all (save for MP perhaps). It'd break the immersion for me to play as someone other than Joel.

I agree, but you know that Ellie is the main character,and Joel is a supporting role?

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jun 3, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MrZoobat wrote:

I agree, but you know that Ellie is the main character,and Joel is a supporting role?

Story wise that's true yes. But no matter who the main character is, I'd still only like to play as one person :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Yes, there will be set pieces but smaller. For example Joel hanging upside down or in the video a forumer posted today shows the closest thing to an uncharted set piece.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 3, 2013
E3 extended demo has scripted set pieces? Please explain.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I think he means the elevator falling but that's not really a setpiece. From those new videos that were released I can safely say that the set pieces will be intense but not unrealistic like uncharted.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jun 4, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:
E3 extended demo has scripted set pieces? Please explain.

You can click the link and see for yourself if you want. I put it to skip to what I was talking about.

I was merely talking about the elevator falling. It's not a "setpiece" as much as just a scripted cinematic moment, but the way it looks cinematically reminded me of Uncharted, that's all. That and the Lincoln hanging are about as close to "setpieces" as I think we'll get.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Well then. You are right.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes