May 02 2013
By: DustyBottoms Hekseville Citizen 282 posts

Should I be concerned?

10 replies 207 views Edited May 2, 2013

When I first heard of this game, I was overwhelmed with excitement.  It stuck me as a "I am Legend" type of game.  However, as time has gone by, I have seen certain things that lead me to believe that this game could be nothing more than another Uncharted game with different skins over the same type of gameplay. 

Does anybody know if this game is just a clone of Uncharted or if its open world?  Not that Uncharted is a bad game (actually its one of my favorites), but I just hope that this game can bring something new to the table.  Any ideas how this plays?

Message 1 of 11 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Should I be concerned?

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

If you've seen the gameplay and still think it's an Uncharted  re-skin then, you may require eye-surgery. Especially since the game doesn't really resemble Uncharted in any aspect. Story, setting, non-regenrative health, lethal enemies, low ammuntion, OHK enemies. The only actual similarities is that it's developed by ND.

I think you should re-watch a gameplay trailer or something, maybe you'll see different this time.

If you really aren't interested after that then it's your loss pal.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 2 of 11 (202 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

May 2, 2013
Yea if you think it's an Uncharted clone then there's nothing we can do to convince you otherwise. No its not open world. But if you look and listen closely at the gameplay you can see how truly different it is than Uncharted.
Message 3 of 11 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 2, 2013

Hey Marc, weren't we both leaving? Haha. I love this place too much.

Message 4 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

May 2, 2013
Yea I said I was leaving but then I realized that I can't go 10 mins without checking in. I'm just going to avoid the dangerous threads. But I'm afraid some A-hole will just come in a random thread and say "JOEL DIES!" or something like that
Message 5 of 11 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

I think the SP will be in a lot of ways different (or i should say an improvement) from Uncharteds.. The MP meanwhile... idk lol. I'm hoping for the best.

EDIT: This game is not open world. The levels might be wide and has verticality to it, but on like gta open. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is chapter by chapter.

+============================================================+
Message 6 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

May 2, 2013

lol, I am staying away from a lot of the gameplay vidoes, because I have found recently that the media shows sooo much of the games that by the time you get it... you know pratically everything about it.

Maybe I should have asked my question a bit differently.... Does this game play like uncharted in the sense that its a set path you have to follow.  point A to point B...

Does it allow you to play at your own pace?  Is it open world?  Do you have safe houses you can go to?  Uncahrted felt like I was playing a Indiana Jones film... the same with 2 and 3... but it had this go to this location and fight these waves of enemies... move to another location and what do you know.. more enemies... break in story.. and rinse and repeat... it wasfun, but I dont want this to be more of that...

also.. I will be picking up game (got the CE reserved)... I just want it to be what  Ithink it can be....

Message 7 of 11 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 2, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
Yea I said I was leaving but then I realized that I can't go 10 mins without checking in. I'm just going to avoid the dangerous threads. But I'm afraid some A-hole will just come in a random thread and say "JOEL DIES!" or something like that

Lol man, same here. I was going through withdrawl, like an hour was too much. I can't help but check in here. I'm weak.  

I'm avoiding spoiler looking threads too. I doubt we have any actually d0uchers in our little community though. Everyone here is pretty cool. I could be wrong though. :/

Message 8 of 11 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 2, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:

Just be careful. A hellstorm started over on /r/ gaming last night when members were PMing innocent posters who showed interest in TLoU with the spoilers. You never know when a troll might attempt that here so, yeah. Just watch out.

Message 9 of 11 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 2, 2013

Okay Dusty. I'm not going to explain every little aspect to you. Not my job, check out a youtube video. It won't kill you. Promise. Paint it Black Trailer, skip ahead 3 minutes.  

But, let me tell you. The game is no Uncharted clone so don't worry man. It's more focused on stealth and scavenging. It does have the I am Legend feel to it. So, don't worry about being disapointed.   

But please, check out the Paint It Black trailer. It's got a little gameplay, but just enough to show you how the game is played.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs    

Start off at 2:35 if you really don't want to see any plot dialouge.

Message 10 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Likes