Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Re: Should I get I Am Alive to warm up for TLOU?

Mar 12, 2013

I'm gonna try the demo and buy it with the $10 sony gave me if I like the demo.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 11 of 16 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Mar 12, 2013
I bought I Am Alive when it first came out. Completed it once, never played it again.

Sadly it's one of those games that is conceived with excellent ideas but executes them poorly. It's a bit of a drag to play really, especially the stamina bar that depletes over doing anything at all.

The studio that worked on it ran in to financial trouble I think, which is why the game is so half-baked and incomplete. You can even tell the ending is just placed in the early stages of the game because they had to cut production short.

If its going cheap then it'll stave your Survival needs for a little time I guess, but don't expect much.
Message 12 of 16 (220 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I downloaded the demo for I Am Alive and I had fun with it. Regardless of the scores it got, I am thinking of buying it. From the demo I played, it had that feeling that TLOU has, where you need to do anything to survive.

I've also played all episodes of the walking dead, and I loved it. I seen that you mentioned you don't want a story just gameplay, but this is definitely worth getting later on.

Anyway, if you have the money for it, I think you should get I am alive, if you haven't bought it already Smiley Wink
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 13 of 16 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I didn't realize you had PS Plus -___-
went to buy it but it's only on sale for 10.30 for non-PS plus

Message 14 of 16 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I've played a portion of Enslaved and from what I remember that game is as close as resembling tlou environment wise as you can get. Heavily forested post apocalyptic world and stuff. Based from my short experience of the game I think its pretty good.
+============================================================+
Message 15 of 16 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Mar 18, 2013
thinking about buying I am alive too, but waiting for it to go on sale for plus. If it goes for around $5 soon then I'm buying it.
+============================================================+
Message 16 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes