Reply
Splicer
Registered: 01/29/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 13, 2013
hi, i found some for £15 on ebay just wondering if these are good ?
http://huestones.co.uk/node/63
Message 11 of 62 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5307 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 13, 2013
I'd personally prefer to go for a wired headset with better quality audio, but if you really want wireless that might be okay.
Message 12 of 62 (235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 13, 2013

FiftyFourForty wrote:

haymakeraffair66 wrote:

if your limit is thirty bucks im thinking ether one your from another country or obama is running this economy to the ground

 


 

 

Technically he did say 30 Pound Sterling, and if I am not mistaken the Pound Sterling is worth almost 2 US Dollars. So his limit would be around $60 dollars, which might get him some fairly decent headphones.

 

He used the little pound sterling sign.


http://www.xe.com/currency/gbp-british-pound

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 13 of 62 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2240 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 13, 2013

aidmur123 wrote:

I was wondering , with a game like TLOU surround sound would increase the game and give it so much more depth

(and my ps3 is in my family lounge, and if i want to hear it properly id kindof need them, i have an 8 yrold sister) 

 

so basically  are there any decent headsets (not ones that would be used for talking online, one where when theyr plugged in, ALL the sound goes to your headphones so if something funny goes on, you look like an idiot laughing at the TV with no sound comeing out

 

also, i dont want to spend much (max £30)


Another reason would be so your sister can't hear the swearing...

Signature02.png

Message 14 of 62 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/29/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 13, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

aidmur123 wrote:

I was wondering , with a game like TLOU surround sound would increase the game and give it so much more depth

(and my ps3 is in my family lounge, and if i want to hear it properly id kindof need them, i have an 8 yrold sister) 

 

so basically  are there any decent headsets (not ones that would be used for talking online, one where when theyr plugged in, ALL the sound goes to your headphones so if something funny goes on, you look like an idiot laughing at the TV with no sound comeing out

 

also, i dont want to spend much (max £30)


Another reason would be so your sister can't hear the swearing...


 

well done Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 62 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
55 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 14, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

FiftyFourForty wrote:

haymakeraffair66 wrote:

if your limit is thirty bucks im thinking ether one your from another country or obama is running this economy to the ground

 


 

 

Technically he did say 30 Pound Sterling, and if I am not mistaken the Pound Sterling is worth almost 2 US Dollars. So his limit would be around $60 dollars, which might get him some fairly decent headphones.

 

He used the little pound sterling sign.


http://www.xe.com/currency/gbp-british-pound


 

 

 

Okay, thanks for that link. I had figured since the US dollar had massively dropped relative to the Canadian dollar, that it had gone from 1.5 dollars per Pound to close to 2.0 dollars per Pound.

Fifty-four Forty or Fight!!!!!
Message 16 of 62 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2870 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 14, 2013

aidmur123 wrote:

I was wondering , with a game like TLOU surround sound would increase the game and give it so much more depth

(and my ps3 is in my family lounge, and if i want to hear it properly id kindof need them, i have an 8 yrold sister) 

 

so basically  are there any decent headsets (not ones that would be used for talking online, one where when theyr plugged in, ALL the sound goes to your headphones so if something funny goes on, you look like an idiot laughing at the TV with no sound comeing out

 

also, i dont want to spend much (max £30)


I just plug in those 5 dollar things, they work fine, you here sound from left as well as right, and I can't tell the difference between that and the sound that usually comes out of my sony bravia Smiley Happy

however, I'm satisfied fairly quickly, I still use the SKART-cable that comes with a PS3 instead of buying a HDMI-cable for better visual quality, I just don't bother that much, I think it already looks and sounds good enough Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 62 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/29/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 14, 2013
what are they called ?& could you supply a link please Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 62 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5307 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 14, 2013
Wow Matt I'm surprised you know how to use the Internet, living in the dark ages with your scart cables! Smiley Tongue
Message 19 of 62 (160 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2870 posts
 

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 15, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Wow Matt I'm surprised you know how to use the Internet, living in the dark ages with your scart cables! Smiley Tongue

haha, I know, the first year I had the PS3 I also played on a 20 cm by 20 cm big tv-screen, my parents wouldn't let me play on the tv in the living room (they hate gaming), but I couldn't accept that anymore so I bhought a sony bravia for in my bedroom, which looked so awesome compared to what I used to play on, I never wanted a hdmi-cable to make it look even more awesome (playing on that now for 4 years), however my ps3 is broken recently (due to uncharted 3's freezing...), so I buy a new one when I can and an hdmi-cable with it, sony bravia tv's do support hdmi, don't they?

Message 20 of 62 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes