Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Re: Should i buy some earphones for TLOU

Feb 15, 2013

aidmur123 wrote:
what are they called ?& could you supply a link please :smileyhappy:

are you replying to me? because I have no idea, I just walked in a store and bhought the cheapest ones I could find (5 euro's), it says on the earphone 'SENNHEISER', I assume that's what they are called xD

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 62 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Sony do some great headphones for around £15, but my cartilage piercing hates cans so I tend to use their earphones instead. If you look on eBay you can get headphone extension cables too, which might well come in handy! They're usually under £2. I love gaming with head/earphones, way more immersive and you can hear the enemy footsteps etc more easily.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 62 (170 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

aidmur123 wrote:

I was wondering , with a game like TLOU surround sound would increase the game and give it so much more depth

(and my ps3 is in my family lounge, and if i want to hear it properly id kindof need them, i have an 8 yrold sister) 

so basically  are there any decent headsets (not ones that would be used for talking online, one where when theyr plugged in, ALL the sound goes to your headphones so if something funny goes on, you look like an idiot laughing at the TV with no sound comeing out

also, i dont want to spend much (max £30)

I just plug in those 5 dollar things, they work fine, you here sound from left as well as right, and I can't tell the difference between that and the sound that usually comes out of my sony bravia :smileyhappy:

however, I'm satisfied fairly quickly, I still use the SKART-cable that comes with a PS3 instead of buying a HDMI-cable for better visual quality, I just don't bother that much, I think it already looks and sounds good enough :smileywink:

Do you have an HDTV and you don't use HDMI? :smileyindifferent: Man, I don't know how that can satisfy you... even Component would make a HUGE difference.

ps: I hope the PS4 doesn't come with SCART/Composite cables.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 62 (149 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18286 posts

Feb 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

As much as I'd like this and have HD cables bundled with the PS4, it would be a really bad idea not to include those cables. Even with the huge amount of HDTVs out there nowadays, there are still people who use older TVs to play games (myself on occasion when I need to bring my PS3 with me out of my house).

Again, even though it would be great to push the idea of HD being the standard resolution nowadays, it seems too soon to push it with a large amount of older TVs being used.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 62 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

As much as I'd like this and have HD cables bundled with the PS4, it would be a really bad idea not to include those cables. Even with the huge amount of HDTVs out there nowadays, there are still people who use older TVs to play games (myself on occasion when I need to bring my PS3 with me out of my house).

Again, even though it would be great to push the idea of HD being the standard resolution nowadays, it seems too soon to push it with a large amount of older TVs being used.

Not really.

We live in 2013 and the majority (80-90%) already has an HDTV. Back in 2006, it was the exact opposite (80-90% used SDTVs). HD already is an established standard and Ultra HD (4K) is coming soon (TM).

So yeah, they need to bundle the PS4 with an HDMI cable, just like Nintendo did with Wii U.

Mind you, I'm not saying that they should ditch the AV Multi Out port (we still need it for Component) or that they shouldn't sell Composite cables separately. :smileywink:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 62 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18286 posts

Feb 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Not really.

We live in 2013 and the majority (80-90%) already has an HDTV. Back in 2006, it was the exact opposite (80-90% used SDTVs).

So yeah, they need to bundle the PS4 with an HDMI cable, just like Nintendo did with Wii U.

Mind you, I'm not saying that they should ditch the AV Multi Out port (we still need it for Component) or that they shouldn't sell Composite cables separately. :smileywink:

I do like the idea of HD cables being bundled with the system, but I think it should also come with an AV/SCART cable just in case the buyer doesn't have an HDTV.

Just as a way to make sure people without an HDTV unknowingly buy the system and learn that it doesn't even have the most basic cables to hook it up to a TV. I do think that the switch to just HD should begin, but at this point, AV/SCART and HD cables should come with it until the point that HDTVs have become the complete 100% norm (more than it already is).

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 62 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

1) I do like the idea of HD cables being bundled with the system, but I think it should also come with an AV/SCART cable just in case the buyer doesn't have an HDTV.

2) Just as a way to make sure people without an HDTV unknowingly buy the system and learn that it doesn't even have the most basic cables to hook it up to a TV. I do think that the switch to just HD should begin, but at this point, AV/SCART and HD cables should come with it until the point that HDTVs have become the complete 100% norm (more than it already is).

1) That doesn't make much sense from a business standpoint.

Are you saying that the majority should pay MORE so that the minority which still uses SDTVs will be satisfied? :smileyindifferent:

As I said, it doesn't make any sense. $5 x millions of PS4s = millions of dollars wasted for nothing

2) The switch has began years ago... HDTVs are very affordable these days.

If someone is ignorant enough and doesn't read the package contents, then it's his fault. It's like buying a PS3 Slim and expecting PS2 backwards compatibility. Sorry, but it's the consumer's fault.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 62 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:
Wow Matt I'm surprised you know how to use the Internet, living in the dark ages with your scart cables! :smileytongue:

haha, I know, the first year I had the PS3 I also played on a 20 cm by 20 cm big tv-screen, my parents wouldn't let me play on the tv in the living room (they hate gaming), but I couldn't accept that anymore so I bhought a sony bravia for in my bedroom, which looked so awesome compared to what I used to play on, I never wanted a hdmi-cable to make it look even more awesome (playing on that now for 4 years), however my ps3 is broken recently (due to uncharted 3's freezing...), so I buy a new one when I can and an hdmi-cable with it, sony bravia tv's do support hdmi, don't they?

Yeah, you'll be hard-pressed to find a decent TV that doesn't have an HDMI port these days. It's going to blow your mind when you get an HDMI cable dude, the quality is just so much better.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 62 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Not really.

We live in 2013 and the majority (80-90%) already has an HDTV. Back in 2006, it was the exact opposite (80-90% used SDTVs). HD already is an established standard and Ultra HD (4K) is coming soon (TM).

im a scart user my tv only has scart&componant (arent they the same?)...... i dont have any hdtv's in my house apart from my computer monitor (still use vga cable for it )not bothered about hd (plus the fact i dont actually have a hdmi cable, to poor to buy one ;D

also.... you can buy a scart cable etc for $4

imagine how much it cost to make?

$1~??

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 16, 2013

aidmur123 wrote:

1) im a scart user my tv only has scart&componant (arent they the same?)

2) also.... you can buy a scart cable etc for $4

imagine how much it cost to make?

$1~??

1) No, Component is not the same as Composite.

You'd better buy a Component cable at least if you value visual fidelity.

2) "As I said, it doesn't make any sense. $5 x millions of PS4s = millions of dollars wasted for nothing"

All I'm saying is that the minority who still uses SDTVs should cough up the dough, not the majority who uses HDMI.

If someone is complaining about the fact that he may have to pay $5 to buy Composite cables for the PS4, then quite frankly, he's an idiot.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 62 (103 Views)
0 Likes