Jun 29 2013
By: GhostlySnipes Lombax Warrior 232 posts

Singleplayer DLC, your thoughts?!

6 replies 214 views Edited Jun 29, 2013
I have 2 ideas of the single player DLC. Actually,3.

1. Joel and Tommy's story after the outbreak.
I think that would be a good one. You know, after Sarah died.

2. Joel as a hunter/firefly. Joel said to Ellie in the story that he was on both sides, so that means he was in both factions.

3. Ellie getting bit. Ellie's story leading up to how she survived, her and her mother, best friends, Marlene.

Number 3 won't be for everyone, but it might be a little good to understand Ellie even more.

All my ideas are 'prequels' to the story.

Anyone have better ones?
Message 1 of 7 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: Singleplayer DLC, your thoughts?!

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Joel was never a Firefly, both sides means good and bad. Meaning he's not innocent and he did what he had to, to survive, which probably was at someone's cost. 

Anyway, yea, I'd love to see Ish, since we dunno if the dude died. Tommy and Joel DLC doesn't really sit right with me, there's around 20 years of story there to tell, not a DLC material, more like few games.

Ellie's story is being told right now, in the comic book so I'd say that one's out too, besides, it would mean just living in quarantine zone then going out and getting bit, the end. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Wow.
There's a comic?! I'm gonna get it!

I remember Ish. All those notes in the sewers and in the town after the sewer scene.

This could kind of be a "Resident Evil" series. Listen to me first.
If they were to add Ish, the game could have like 2-3 different people's stories in this game like resident evil did with Jill, Chris, Leon, Claire, and much more.
I wouldn't mind having Ish in this game. His story and the people with him. His surviving and such. If that was DLC I wouldn't mind it.

Who knows TLOU 2 could be Ish by himself, or him with one of those survivors down from the sewers.
Message 3 of 7 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

**SPOILERS** I really want to get to know more about Tommy. From the start we know he is a good guy he wants to help people and stays behind to save Joel and Sarah and people say you need to be brutal to stay alive in this world (like Joel) but there Tommy is still alive and still seems like a nice guy. I want to know how/if he maintained this mentality throughout the whole 20 years with and without the Fireflies. Maybe it could start with Tommy telling Joel and/or Ellie about his past and we get flashbacks then after that we get some play time with Joel and Ellie to see how they are getting by in Tommys town.

That probably won't be it though, from Neils interview it seemed he was promoting it as learning more about only Joel and Ellie which im fine with also, more TLoU is good regardless.

photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 4 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I agree with the Tommy & Joel one. The cutscene in the hydroelectric plant really intrigued me when Joel said "You survived because of me" & Tommy replying saying it wasn't worth it. I'm probably just reading too much into it as they probably just had to kill people or do inhumane things to survive, but you never know. There could be an interesting story there.

There's also a little gap between Fall and Winter. I don't really wanna go too much into details as I don't wanna post spoilers but I guess there are some unanswered questions there. Not really all that much though.

More story about Joel & Tess could be nice. I've also wondered about an Ish DLC, I think he's the only person who has multiple notes.

Whatever they make I'm sure I'll love it anyway, I'm extremely excited to see what they come up with.

Message 5 of 7 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

Also when Joel pushed him Tommy said "We ain't back in Boston, Put your hands on me again and it won't end well for you." Something like that anyway, so what Joel used to beat on him? To toughen him up? or maybe because Tommy was to "nice" and not wanting to kill people etc... It is interesting.

photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 6 of 7 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jun 30, 2013

GhostlySnipes wrote:
2. Joel as a hunter/firefly. Joel said to Ellie in the story that he was on both sides, so that means he was in both factions.

That's not what that quote means.  She asks how he knew about the ambush.  He said because he's been on both sides [of an ambush], meaning the one being ambushed and the one doing the ambushing.

Message 7 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes