Mar 30 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11892 posts

So I finished I Am Alive...

23 replies 324 views Edited Mar 30, 2013
It was just what I was looking for! I made a topic a while back if I should buy I Am Alive to gear up for TLoU. Boy, was I satisfied. The atmosphere was tense and foreboding, the inventory system was a breath of fresh air compared to other games, and the fighting and climbing sections often times made you breath a sigh of relief when you finished a sectiin because it caused you to act desperately. Mistakes in this game are not tolerated and you're always frantically searching for more supplies, hoping that you would have enough to get you past the next situation. If you want to get ready for TLoU or if you want a good survival game, I suggest I Am Alive. It was the best $7.32 I've ever spent.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 24 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Re: So I finished I Am Alive...

Mar 30, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
It was just what I was looking for! I made a topic a while back if I should buy I Am Alive to gear up for TLoU. Boy, was I satisfied. The atmosphere was tense and foreboding, the inventory system was a breath of fresh air compared to other games, and the fighting and climbing sections often times made you breath a sigh of relief when you finished a sectiin because it caused you to act desperately. Mistakes in this game are not tolerated and you're always frantically searching for more supplies, hoping that you would have enough to get you past the next situation. If you want to get ready for TLoU or if you want a good survival game, I suggest I Am Alive. It was the best $7.32 I've ever spent.

I couldn't get past how incomplete and unpolished it was, so I couldn't enjoy the survival aspect as much as you have. Glad you enjoyed it, though.

Message 2 of 24 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Sounds cool

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 3 of 24 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11892 posts

Mar 30, 2013
I can gloss over the fact that it was unpolished because I paid so little.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 4 of 24 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I know close to nothing about this game but I've heard extremely mixed reviews. I might pick it up based on this though since it's so cheap. I'm really craving more post apocalyptic stuff while I wait for TLoU.

Message 5 of 24 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 30, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I know close to nothing about this game but I've heard extremely mixed reviews. I might pick it up based on this though since it's so cheap. I'm really craving more post apocalyptic stuff while I wait for TLoU.

I'm trying to do the opposite, so that when TLOU arrives ND surprises me with the gameplay mechanics and story.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 6 of 24 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Yeah I liked I am alive. While it did have major problems (UGLY graphics, no color, bad ending) it is the closest you can get to a realistic post apocalyptic game. It is the closest I'm terms of tone and game play. It did have some annoying mechanics though. Like how there is dust in the streets so you have to climb up somewhere high every 15 seconds or you die. But overall I liked it. It is unique. It's the closest game you can get to the last of us. But I have no doubt that when I play the last of us ill instantly see how bad I am alive is and I'll hate it. Lol but for now it's a pretty good game.
Message 7 of 24 (285 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Mar 30, 2013

It is a good game. I said it once and I'll say it again, that game has rare ammo. Unlike TLOU, where you see enemies drop 1 or 2 bullets. If you had those bullets in your gun in IAA, you would be excited for that much ammo. The most I've had in my pistol was 14. That is enough to make anyone happy. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 24 (284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I don't listen to reviewers. Do you really think they know what game you will like or dislike? Play it yourself then judge the game.

Message 9 of 24 (282 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Here's a glitch that will help you out in Survivor difficulty. 

Message 10 of 24 (266 Views)
0 Likes