Jun 25 2013
By: rasendory10 Splicer 50 posts

So What Cool Stuff Have You Seen The AI Do?

17 replies 359 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

Let's take a step away from bludgeoning the AI of this game, and give some props where it's do? What cool stuff have you seen the AI do that made for some awesome Gameplay sequences.    

For Me:

I shot at this guy, and he staggered and ran away into another room, so his buddy was alone. So I bring out my pipe, and full on Sprint at the guy and take a massive swing and he ducks and weaves out of the way and my Joel is left hitting nothing but air. 

The guy then punches me to the ground, and the guy who ran away comes from behind me and pins me and the goon I tried to hit with the Pipe starts wailing away at me. 

One of the cooler scenarios I've witnessed, but I was so surprised. I wasn't expecting a full dodge like that cause it hadn't happened before. Usually only when I'm fist fighting a guy.

Message 1 of 18 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: So What Cool Stuff Have You Seen The AI Do?

Jun 25, 2013

I've not replayed everything so I am assuming the following isn't scripted, but...

Once in Pittsburg (just before the part when the APC guns down the fleeing couple if I recall), I was hiding with Ellie as two hunters passed by. I was just about to move up behind the second one and grab him for a silent kill when ELLIE ran past me, leapt on the FIRST one's back and stabbed him to death with her knife! Shocked, I quickly grabbed and strangled the second guy before he could raise the alarm, and turned to see Ellie cleaning her knife. For a moment, I didn't know whether I wanted to fuiously scold her for being so reckless or praise her for helping me take both guys out at once... and then I remembered it was just a game and that wasn't an option at all. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18 (323 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I posted this in another thread, nevertheless it was pretty cool.

There was this one moment where the enemy AI saw me choking out his buddy. And I quickly pointed my pistol at him. And he said "Oh sh!t he got a gun" and stumbled when he was trying to take cover.

Message 3 of 18 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Nothing this cool has happened to me..
But they do flank
Message 4 of 18 (308 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Try to screw around with the AI, you will get cool stuff like this. When they hear my gun click, they say "He is out of bullets, get him"

Message 5 of 18 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Oh the gun clicking has happened to me but I saw that in the E3 trailer so I was not surprised
Message 6 of 18 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

There was this one moment where the enemy AI saw me choking out his buddy. And I quickly pointed my pistol at him. And he said "Oh sh!t he got a gun" and stumbled when he was trying to take cover.

That IS cool. Smiley Happy

Something that happened to me that made me smile was outside the highschool in Bill's Town. A Runner grabbed me and I was tapping away at Square... and suddenly a blade appeared through its chest and it fell away, to reveal Bill with his machete thrust through it. It was just an average "partner save", but the way it happened was so cinematic!

Way to go, Bill. You rock.

Message 7 of 18 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Ellie shouting to a hunter "hey dummy over here!" and then throwing a brick at him (to stagger) so that I could go finish him off. It was pretty fun!

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 8 of 18 (289 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Banjo_aus wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

That IS cool. Smiley Happy

Something that happened to me that made me smile was outside the highschool in Bill's Town. A Runner grabbed me and I was tapping away at Square... and suddenly a blade appeared through its chest and it fell away, to reveal Bill with his machete thrust through it. It was just an average "partner save", but the way it happened was so cinematic!

Way to go, Bill. You rock.

That's a very cool way to introduce a character, but I am pretty sure that was scripted, but again it was awesome.

Message 9 of 18 (278 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 25, 2013

luctiger98 wrote:
Oh the gun clicking has happened to me but I saw that in the E3 trailer so I was not surprised

Ok, what about one of them choking you from behind and the other beating you from the front. The first time it happened to me I have to be honest I cried with joy a little bit.

Message 10 of 18 (273 Views)
0 Likes