Wastelander
594 posts

Re: So What Cool Stuff Have You Seen The AI Do?

Jun 25, 2013
Also happened but I had low health so he snapped my neck lol
Message 11 of 18 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 25, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Banjo_aus wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I posted this in another thread, nevertheless it was pretty cool.

There was this one moment where the enemy AI saw me choking out his buddy. And I quickly pointed my pistol at him. And he said "Oh sh!t he got a gun" and stumbled when he was trying to take cover.

That IS cool. :smileyhappy:

Something that happened to me that made me smile was outside the highschool in Bill's Town. A Runner grabbed me and I was tapping away at Square... and suddenly a blade appeared through its chest and it fell away, to reveal Bill with his machete thrust through it. It was just an average "partner save", but the way it happened was so cinematic!

Way to go, Bill. You rock.

That's a very cool way to introduce a character, but I am pretty sure that was scripted, but again it was awesome.

Oh no, not the first time Bill shows up in the gas mask... he decapitates the Infected on you that time, right?

No, this was outside the highschool with all the busses (evacuation checkpoint) in the middle of a random fight. I'd stealth killed all the Runners until the part when some "spawn in" right in front of you (just before the ladder part), and Joel yells to Ellie to run. Shot a Runner but the other grabbed me... and Bill saved me before I could get it off me! :smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 25, 2013

luctiger98 wrote:
Also happened but I had low health so he snapped my neck lol

That necksnap is pretty grusome.

Message 13 of 18 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Banjo_aus wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Banjo_aus wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

There was this one moment where the enemy AI saw me choking out his buddy. And I quickly pointed my pistol at him. And he said "Oh sh!t he got a gun" and stumbled when he was trying to take cover.

Something that happened to me that made me smile was outside the highschool in Bill's Town. A Runner grabbed me and I was tapping away at Square... and suddenly a blade appeared through its chest and it fell away, to reveal Bill with his machete thrust through it. It was just an average "partner save", but the way it happened was so cinematic!

That's a very cool way to introduce a character, but I am pretty sure that was scripted, but again it was awesome.

Oh no, not the first time Bill shows up in the gas mask... he decapitates the Infected on you that time, right?

No, this was outside the highschool with all the busses (evacuation checkpoint) in the middle of a random fight. I'd stealth killed all the Runners until the part when some "spawn in" right in front of you (just before the ladder part), and Joel yells to Ellie to run. Shot a Runner but the other grabbed me... and Bill saved me before I could get it off me! :smileyhappy:

Ok, my bad. Well then that is awesome. I really respect Naughty Dog for this. They put so much detail into their games.

Message 14 of 18 (149 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 25, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Banjo_aus wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Banjo_aus wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Ok, my bad. Well then that is awesome. I really respect Naughty Dog for this. They put so much detail into their games.

I assume it's Bill's generic "save" since he carries a machete, but it was a surprise when it happned! Possibly it's quite common and I just had the camera pointing the "right way" when it happened to me the first time. :smileyhappy:

(I really want to get grabbed and punched by two enemies now!)

Message 15 of 18 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 26, 2013
One of the bigger surprises was when I was doing the level with the sniper and his lackeys on survivor. I was going from house to house, he would call out some of his dudes to come after Joel, I would go up the stairs and just aim down waiting one eventually came and I headshoted the guy. Well a few more minutes pass and nothing so I creep down the stairs paying attention to in front and behind me, I swing around a corner at the back of the house and am suddenly ambushed by three dudes. One of which with a shotgun comes darting by the doorway and another hops through a window with a melee weapon, the other was behind the shotgun wielder....By the grace of Joel's awesome man beard I survived. XD ....By fleeing and some quick and well aimed shots.

It still amazes me how quiet AI can be when flanking you, too. Granted it happens a bit easier due to listening mode being disabled in survivor.
Message 16 of 18 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Give me ammo, medkits, etc. They also help me a lot of combat and I love it. You really notice this stuff in Survivor. 

Message 17 of 18 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
My AI partners never gave me anything, although I conserved like hell and never ran out of ammo and always had at least 1 health kit at every given moment, even on Survivor.

Is that why I never got anything from my partners? Tess gave me alcohol in The Outskirts but that was it, and she does that every time I start a new game so it feels scripted to me
Message 18 of 18 (77 Views)
0 Likes