Jun 15, 2013
Buggiest game more like
Message 11 of 47 (463 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Re: So... best opening to a game, ever?

Jun 15, 2013

Opening was definitely good, and set the tone for Joel later, but not sure if best opening ever....

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 12 of 47 (449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Yes i was amazed at the start of the story, how you can play the little girl in the house screaming for dad or looking around in the back of the car was just amazing. It felt like i was playing threw a movie, ive only cried like 2-3 times ever watching a movie never on a video game and man was i close, might as well just say i was crying cause the eyes were waterd up, lol. Really gives you a feel for the charecters cant wait to play the rest of the game.

Message 13 of 47 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I shouldn't have read to much before playing.. People were saying "OMG WOW PREPARE TO BLOWN AWAY WITH THE INTRO.".. So I had pretty high hopes for it, and It was great don't get me wrong but I was pretty underwhelmed.. I really should have not read too much before I played, kind of ruining the experience... I'm like waiting for a WOW moment, and It's happening all around me.

Message 14 of 47 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Well in fact i'm always trying not reading anything about the game, before i play it, cuz it's really bad for your first contact with a game, The best feelings are when you doing totaly fresh start.

Message 15 of 47 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Jun 16, 2013
I usually see things coming but this one threw me by surprise and made me tear up
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 16 of 47 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Same me man, same me, maybe i still dont have children, but i want to, besides im working a lot with kids, kindergarten ect. so i really felt, like it could be mine daugther So I had to little cry

Message 17 of 47 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Trying not to spoil here so skip if you have not been past the opening segment just in case..

I got a little teary eyed. Didnt cry per say but about as close as you can get and yes I had to hold it back. I could have cried no doubt and that has NEVER happened in a game.

Masterful move there. Let you play her for a moment to develope an attachment to the character then.. Well you know. I don't think a game has ever made me feel like that. Heavy Rain had some really good emotional moments but no where close to this and to have that happen to you in the 1st ten minutes of game play ?!?! Wow ! How do they do that ? You would expect that you would need to get to know the characters a little bit more before you would have that reaction. Maybe being older and thinking about people that I know that have felt that kind of thing in real life had a little to do with it but still.... It's a game ! The line between a game a really good film just got a little blurrier.

So to answer the question of best opening ever.. Yes, beyond any doubt this game has the best opening ever and I have started over 3 times now and turned up to hard because I feared it would end to quickly. It is freaking brutal on hard but even more satisfiying and more realistic the harder the difficulty. I have never started over on a game 3 times and turned up the challenge just to make sure it would take as long as possible to get through. I just cleared the building with the 1st clicker encounter and I am thinking of starting over again on max difficulty. No I am not sadistic.

Message 18 of 47 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up at the end of the opening chapter.

The next day, I pleaded for my brother to start the story mode, or at least play JUST the opening first (he was too engorsed in the MP at the time.) I told him the opening alone deserved GOTY. lol

He finally played it...He agreed.

Nice game to release on Father's Day weekend, ND. Smiley Wink

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 19 of 47 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Jun 17, 2013

My heart... it ached...

Sully

Message 20 of 47 (302 Views)
0 Likes