Jun 17, 2013
I wept.
Message 21 of 47 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Re: So... best opening to a game, ever?

Jun 17, 2013

Clearly, the best intro sequence in video game history. There is just no denying that fact. That intro is even better than most hollywood blockbuster movie endings!

Message 22 of 47 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Re: So... Best opening to a game, ever?

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Yes it was it was better then the opening in a lot of movies as well first you start out as Joel's daughter there was a bat but you couldn't grab it made me feel like a scared kid XD unable to defend myself then you walk in the room and the explosions outside.. When the truck got side swiped I was looking right out that window 2 feet from a flat screen it was like I got hit XD

then you pick her up as Joel running through chaos trying to find safety they didn't have to kill his daughter she could have just grown up and been like 30 she was what 10 11 12 maybe 20 years later she would have been 30 31 32

and doing her own thing by the time Joel met Ellie

w/e

great great opening for a great great Great! Game

Message 23 of 47 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2892 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013
For me, as a father of a 7-year-old, yes. As I mentioned earlier, it was.

2544133150[1].png

Message 24 of 47 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Please feel free to name these "100 games", or even 10 for that matter..please, I'm listening. Was it a bit predictable, a bit..but you had no clue in what form it would take. It was a very emotional opening scene. But anyways..please continue with naming the games..
Message 25 of 47 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

I am 32 years old, thought I've seen it all Smiley Happy

... but I have never ever experienced such an extraordinary fantastic intro! Really ND you just touched my deepest emotional nerve here. Because, not only what actually happened but instead of just telling the story, this original way to figure out what's happening by controlling the girl in this very familiar environment and built up of emotional tension is simply the finest piece of work and experience I've ever encountered and experienced! The story is very believable and realistic, the setting, the voicing, the tension, it's all there. Because of the child perspective, the impact of the terrifying tension is magnified in the best possible way imo.

My wife for example, not into gaming, happened to sit next to me when I started the game (hoping to still watch some tv later on ;-)) and after that first sequence I looked at her and she looked at me with watery eyes smiling and I was like 'WOW!' that's the best freakin intro I've ever played... Thank you for that moment ND, you guys are extremely talented!

Message 26 of 47 (221 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I am 30+ too and I can tell you I never felt so emotionally after a prologue! man that was sad....

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 27 of 47 (199 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Well im almost 24 years old, and like i said it many times before, i never had so intensive feelings from a game, I still dont kave kids, but i wish for, and just when i played opening, i was just sitting there on my armchair, and was saying like No! No! No!, Are you **bleep** kidding me! NO! This can't be happening, Pls God pls don't die, NOOOO **bleep**, change it, I played also second time opening to make sure i can't do nothing about it. It was soo sad, and so moved my heart, that i coudnt stop from shed a few tears. ND is genius, they did it perfectly, you at first control girl, to feel deep conection with her dad, and feel how she is innocent and defenseless and then you control dad who trying do anything to save the daugther and then at last you see her death on dad's hands and you feel like it could be your own hands. I'm really mad on ND for what they did, but at the same time,  i appreciate for this, cuz this is first time when i feel like this with a game, and game thx to this feels more realistic.

Message 28 of 47 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Yes.
Message 29 of 47 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The first time a video game made me cry so YES best opening ever.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 30 of 47 (166 Views)
0 Likes