Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Re: So which was the scariest part of the game for you ?

Jan 24, 2014
YEAH I had the flamethrower upgraded to the max in my hard play through so when I played on survivor I was able to use it to get my up close bloater kill in the tunnel in Utah right before you get to the hospital. I got within a few get of two bloaters and fried them. Once I started shooting fire at them they stopped advancing and just got toasted.
Message 31 of 38 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 24, 2014
Yeah I was saving it for the later part of the highway exit chapter... Came in handy,there, honestly xP
Message 32 of 38 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jan 29, 2014

I found any place that had spores absolutely creepy and i couldn't wait to get out of all the areas with spores. The hotel basement was beyond the scariest part. I watched a gameplay vid on youtube and the girl playing was actually crying trying to get past that part. Oh and the areas where you can hear the bells tolling, there was one i believe in the Winter section when Ellie was trying to escape Davids people, and one earlier on in the game, they weren't particularly scary but just really eerie. The David fight with Ellie was scary when he came at you from nowhere. The whole winter section was quite scary for me, when the blizzard came and you could barely see. Trying to sneak past clickers is always scary for me. And the last part with Joel running out the hospital i was frantic on my first try looking for the way out. I'm pretty much a wimp.

I loved the flamethrower though, i guess it's up to the player how much they used it but i went crazy with it :smileytongue:

Message 33 of 38 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Jan 29, 2014
The generator room with stalkers and one bloater, although i never saw the bloater until my next run. :smileyhappy:
Message 34 of 38 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 31, 2014

Definitely the fight with David. It was very intense. In my opinion he was creepier than anything else in the game.

Message 35 of 38 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Jan 31, 2014

The first encounter with the Clickers in the subway had me sweating and holding my breath but once you know how to deal with them the Clickers arn't so scary any more. 

The Stalkers on the other hand are more unpredictable and are always scary for me. They are part of the reason that the Hotel basement is scary. From the masterful build up of tension (rats running towards you, spooky noises ect) to the perfectly timed jump scares the whole Hotel Basement section stands out for me as a fine example of survival horror.

Also, the David fight isn't that scary (for me at least) if you use listen mode to see where he is.

Message 36 of 38 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Feb 1, 2014
^^ the david fight was scary as **bleep** on survivor, listen mode is cheating
Message 37 of 38 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 1, 2014
If you have good headphones, you don't need listen mode... Just saying :smileywink:
Message 38 of 38 (71 Views)