Jan 23 2014
By: Bruce_Wayne_1989 Lombax Warrior 168 posts

So which was the scariest part of the game for you ?

37 replies 679 views Edited Jan 23, 2014
Hi just wondering for everybody who's beat the game what was the scariest part for you, when I say scary I mean jumpy, feeling tense, wanting to put the controller down because you don't want to look round the next corner etc. For me without a doubt was the hotel part where the elevator falls and you have to make your way back up by finding a key card and powering up the generator which sets clickers, runners and a bloater on you, that part scared the crap out of me, I was on survivor and had minimal health and next to no ammo, all I had was a smoke grenade and about 2 handgun bullets, my health was on red, once I powered up the generator I had no choice but to sprint all the way to the door with the keypad and throw a smoke bomb back to stun the infected, I made it by the skin of my teeth and heart was raising. Funny thing is Joel said "well so much for that" like it was nothing haha, the fight with david was pretty nerve wracking too, I'm talking about survivor play through again, because you can't see him through listen mode and he seems to sprint faster than ellie too, but yeah hotel part for me
Message 1 of 38 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1960 posts

Re: So which was the scariest part of the game for you ?

Jan 23, 2014

David.....

young beard signature
Message 2 of 38 (675 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Jan 23, 2014
I agree with you it was that very same part that scared the ba-jesus out of me I like you started the generator and got the H3LL out of there ASAP. My second scariest part was in the in the bottom of the goldstone building where you see all the clickers….That part was very nerve racking especially on survivor mode.
Message 3 of 38 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1960 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:
I agree with you it was that very same part that scared the ba-jesus out of me I like you started the generator and got the H3LL out of there ASAP. My second scariest part was in the in the bottom of the goldstone building where you see all the clickers….That part was very nerve racking especially on survivor mode.

That was pretty scary. But I think it was mostly for unexpected jump scares. However, I felt that the basement full of clickers and that one bloater was the scariest. they seemed to be the most unpredictable. You never know when they spot you. It also has a strange psychological scare to it as well

young beard signature
Message 4 of 38 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Dat basement 0_0
The second the generator kicked in, I knew I was f'ed
Message 5 of 38 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3631 posts

Jan 23, 2014

I don't remember this game having any scary parts. :smileyindifferent:

Message 6 of 38 (639 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11935 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

In my honest opinion, the only part in The Last of Us that could be considered "scary" is the hotel basement. =P

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 7 of 38 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
624 posts

Jan 23, 2014
A lot of people say the basement was the scariest - and sure it had it's fair share of jump scares - but I was freaked out the most by the lower story of the university. Hearing that deep groan and clicking in the distance was really intense. If you sneak by it and go for the jammed door, it detects you and hurtles towards you with those terrifying stomps. My whole body clenched up at that part.
Message 8 of 38 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Jan 23, 2014

David fight BY FAR.

Truly was not scared at any other point.

Which is odd, because I get scared pretty **bleep** easy. 

Do you feel me?

Message 9 of 38 (616 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 23, 2014
The scariest part by far is the freezing up and corrupt files, unplayable
Message 10 of 38 (612 Views)