Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Re: So which was the scariest part of the game for you ?

Jan 23, 2014

jajabill wrote:
The scariest part by far is the freezing up and corrupt files, unplayable

That's a fight you can't win though...

Message 11 of 38 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5076 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

Yep. Start the generator. Infected start screaming. Joel says," Goddamit." Then run like hell. LOL!

Message 12 of 38 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:
A lot of people say the basement was the scariest - and sure it had it's fair share of jump scares - but I was freaked out the most by the lower story of the university. Hearing that deep groan and clicking in the distance was really intense. If you sneak by it and go for the jammed door, it detects you and hurtles towards you with those terrifying stomps. My whole body clenched up at that part.
Definitely agreed on that! That part had me at the edge of my seat the whole time! Hearing the clicks everywhere..... Smiley Surprised
young beard signature
Message 13 of 38 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 23, 2014

duke_of_platypus wrote:

David fight BY FAR.

Truly was not scared at any other point.

Which is odd, because I get scared pretty **bleep** easy. 

Agreed on the David part

young beard signature
Message 14 of 38 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Glad to see most people agree with me on the hotel basement, that part was done extremely well, part of the reason being down to the layout of the basement, once you switch on that generator and all the clickers and runners know where you are sprinting to the door while making sure you don't make a wrong turn was gut wrenching. You guys talking about the underground of the university being worst, I didn't find that part scary at all, not sure why but you could easily sneak all the way to the jammed door without being seen, the only tense part was when you ram the door and the bloater starts walking toward you, that was a bit jumpy the first time I played, but it was a set piece, so aslong as you kept tapping square the bloater couldn't get you
Message 15 of 38 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

See I never tried sneaking passed the clickers or the Bloater there… I killed the clickers with my bow and toasted the Bloater with fire, since he gives you a firefly pendant.

Message 16 of 38 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Bruce_Wayne_1989 wrote:
Glad to see most people agree with me on the hotel basement, that part was done extremely well, part of the reason being down to the layout of the basement, once you switch on that generator and all the clickers and runners know where you are sprinting to the door while making sure you don't make a wrong turn was gut wrenching. You guys talking about the underground of the university being worst, I didn't find that part scary at all, not sure why but you could easily sneak all the way to the jammed door without being seen, the only tense part was when you ram the door and the bloater starts walking toward you, that was a bit jumpy the first time I played, but it was a set piece, so aslong as you kept tapping square the bloater couldn't get you

They weren't clicker or runners.... those were stalkers Smiley Tongue

young beard signature
Message 17 of 38 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Jan 23, 2014
I was about to write you some long drawn out explanation of why stalkers were human when I stopped to check my facts on tlou wiki when I discovered just how wrong I was. Thank you for leading me to this discovery it clears up for me a little confusion on why I hadn't gotten the trophy for stealthy a stalker all this time I've been stealthy the wrong prey.
Message 18 of 38 (296 Views)
Survivor
2121 posts

Jan 23, 2014
I definately agree with the OP and Brandi about the generator. As soon as I turned it on and I heard those clickers and bloaters, I turned on Marathon Runner 2 from MP and I was OUT.
Message 19 of 38 (285 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 23, 2014
^^LOL, I switched on that generator, done a quick turn and sprinted all the way to the exit, Joel couldn't move quick enough for my liking, and once I made it through that door, which seemed to take forever to open by the way because you have to press triangle twice on it, I had to put the controller down for 2 mins, heart was beating so fast thought I'd have a heart attack Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 38 (281 Views)
0 Likes